At 70, life is just beginning, you need to constantly pamper yourself.

The heroine of today's history. lady. She turned 70 years old, and on the occasion of the anniversary, she decided to please herself with a new dress and jewelry. But relatives did not appreciate the desire of the lady to be beautiful. Should older people dress up at all, I suggest discussing further in the article.

The writing of this article was inspired by a story I came across on Facebook. I share the original text of the story, and at the end of the article I invite you to join the discussion.

The woman turned 70. Anniversary! By that day, she had bought a cloth and ordered a dress. Very beautiful, elegant. I found silver earrings on the internet. I put it on, looked in the mirror and saw that I was younger.

- After all, it is impossible to live without new things. – thought the woman. - They're uplifting.

Then I began to cook, so that the guests could eat delicious. The sisters have to come. And my brother will bring my old mom. She's about to turn 95. The table sparkled with festive dishes. And the food was in my mouth. The guests are here. The old mother was put in the most honorable place. As always, she will sit for a while, and when she is tired, she will lie down in the next room. The birthday girl changed into a new dress and put on earrings. I went out to the guests, and they gasped. She was pleased to be surprised and appreciated. Nice to meet you. Raise the first one. Then, as expected, the second.

Peels One of the sisters suddenly said,

- You surprised me. At 70, order a dress. And earrings, and even so expensive. Why do you? Where to dress up? You've been at home for years. It would be for a man, because there is no one. You don't work, you don't go to theaters. You have a lot of beautiful old dresses. We need to finish.

The other sisters nodded their heads. And they began to say that all their closets were full of clothes. You can't wear it. And suddenly, for some reason, a new dress seemed to be pressing. It got tight. And the earrings became heavy and began to pull off the ears. And the shower was empty.

70 years ago, my life passed, and I'm sitting here dressed old grandmother.

Woman somehow got old, and the smile that left her face made her face stone. I didn't want to talk to anyone. I didn't want to eat, I couldn't get a piece in my mouth. I didn't want to celebrate anymore. The guests seemed to feel a change in the mood of the hostess and quieted down.

And then the silent mother spoke:

- My mother also lived to almost 100 years old. And father. We are centenarians. And when my mother turned 90, my father went to the market and bought a burgundy shawl. When he sat down at the table, he took a gift from a secret place and handed it to his wife. Or rather, he put this shawl on her shoulders. My mother, young and happy, sat and ironed a new shawl with her old hands. It's the soul. Not us for things, but things for us. They bring us joy. And the love and attention of loved ones make us happy.

Peels And quietly added:
- Have you forgotten?

That was wise. And she turned to her daughter, who said the wrong thing about the dress:
- Tell you what. Hold your poisonous tongue. Don't talk.

Peels got up and went to another room to lie down. She's tired. Sitting silently. It was still sad at the table. The sister, who “spoiled words”, still apologized. But it didn't make it any easier. The conversation was not glued: they joked, but did not laugh. There was no sincerity, no soul. Because the words were poisonous and hung a heavy cloud.

And here came my beloved niece and husband. They cheerfully greeted everyone, the birthday girl congratulated. The husband of the niece came up, got on one knee, gave a bouquet of roses. And I sang a phrase from an old romance. And my niece opened a little box. It has beads of river pearls. Everyone gasped.

She put beads around the neck of her beloved aunt. Pulled her hand to the mirror. She hugged, clapped her hands and laughed. The table became noisy. I heard laughter again. I raised my glasses for the birthday girl.

All! There was no more poisonous atmosphere. She dissolved in love and happiness. There's joy on the faces. And real, sincere. And the conversation started. And I wanted to talk, and joke, and laugh, and eat delicious food, and admire a woman who is only 70 years old.

And the woman was sitting there thinking,
- 70 years, so much more to come, just to live and rejoice!
So thought a younger, elegantly dressed woman with a pearl necklace around her neck. A happy woman who turned 70 today.

Life-wisdom and editorial advice I am convinced You need to be happy at any age.. People get happier by buying a new dress. And someone for this you need to go on a trip or just do your favorite thing. It is foolish to judge each other for not understanding. Each of us has our own preferences and interests.

A woman of an elegant age, whether 40 or 70, has the right to do whatever she wants. Do you agree with that?

Tags

See also

New and interesting