Improperly used Soviet garlic, grandmother showed what a reliable unit is capable of

A rare feast is complete without dishes with garlic. One of the most favorite seasonings is indispensable in the composition of soups, salads, sauces and pickles. It is used for stewing vegetables, baking meat and poultry. Garlic under the press is a common thing in the kitchen, but, as it turned out, there are nuances that are not known to everyone.

It seems nothing special, but for someone our little trick will certainly save a lot of time and effort spent on tedious mechanical work.

Earlier, when the recipe required to grind a large amount of garlic, I always called for the rescue of my son. With the task of cleaning the teeth from the husks, the little assistant copes perfectly, but fiddles for a very long time. And then the husk flies throughout the kitchen.

An unexpected solution was found at the famous chef, restaurateur and TV presenter Jamie Oliver. In one of the episodes of the culinary show “Jamie’s Kitchen”, he showed how he uses garlic.

The popularizer of home cooking does this without peeling the garlic off the skin. I tried, and indeed: the flesh, as usual, freely seeps through the holes. And all the husk remains inside the device and is easily removed from it, leaving almost no traces.

The option has a lot of advantages: time is saved, you can quickly pass through the press a lot of garlic, hands do not smell, all the husk is compressed to compact thin plates.

Of course, there is a small amount of pulp in them. But the time gain is worth it.

If garlic only needs a couple of cloves, a more economical method is suitable, which is often used by professional chefs. Put the cloves on the cutting board. Take a knife with a strong blade and cover it with garlic. Press the blade to crush the teeth. It will remain to pull the skin, which now easily separates from the pulp.

The usual garlic mower has other useful abilities that we rarely pay attention to. A hole opposite a long ledge will come in handy to remove the bones from the cherries. And the cloves on the handle will help you crack nuts.

And garlic press can be used to crush pepper peas. Through the universal unit you can pass the dough, forming the original cookie "nest", as in the photo.

In the article and preview used photos.

Tags

See also

New and interesting