Italian aunt taught to make a salad from our weed, in Italy it is salted, marinated and even leavened, and we throw away

"I want to plant a large-flowered portulac, you know such a plant?" a friend asked me. An Italian aunt taught her salad from our weed. In Italy, the portulac is salted, marinated and even stewed, and we throw it away. That's too bad!

Today's edition. "Site" will tell portulacAnd also share a recipe for salad from this beautiful and vainly underestimated weed. The plant can be added to soups and cakes!

Someone considers Portulac a weed, the shoots of which, not weeded in time, can live about 25 years. However, in fact, it is truly a miracle grass.

Portulac has been known to people since time immemorial. Ancient Egyptians, Greeks and Romans willingly consumed it as food. Hippocrates, Pliny and other scientists used this plant to combat various ailments, and in the Middle Ages it was considered blessed by the Arabs.

The above-ground part of the portulac contains proteins, sugars, trace elements (iron, manganese, copper, nickel, zinc), macro elements (potassium, calcium, magnesium, sodium). Portulac also contains a very high concentration of alpha and gamma-linolenic acids, which is several times more than that of spinach.

Portulac has a little tart and spicyIt tastes like spinach and sorrel. The young shoots have moderate burning. For food use the leaves and upper young parts of shoots, cut before flowering. They can be eaten both raw and boiled. Old stalks of garden portulac are added to soups and stewed dishes, and thick juicy stems are marinated. Even for the winter!

Portulak is especially popular among the population of Transcaucasia, Central Asia and in the Mediterranean countries. Portulac is also in great demand in French, Italian and, of course, Turkish cuisine.

After flowering, the leaves become coarse, hard and unfit for food. Therefore, portulac is sown several times per season.
They make soups, mashed potatoes, salads. On the Internet you can find many recipes for pickling and marinating portulac, because pickled portulac - seasoning Meat dishes. I want to share with you, dear reader, a wonderful recipe. portulac.

Salad from Portulac Ingredients
  • 2 bundle of portulac
  • 200g natural yogurt
  • 2 teeth. Garlic
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • 0.5 lemons
  • 0.5 tsp salt

View this post on Instagram

Publication by Irina Erdogan. (@irinaerdogan_turkey)

Preparation
  1. Portulac and a good wash. In salad, use only young, green stems with leaves. Dry thoroughly.
  2. For sauce-making To yogurt, add olive oil, salt and juice of half a lemon. Grind the garlic. Stir all the ingredients with a wreath to a homogeneous state.
  3. Before serving, mix the greens with yogurt sauce. Serve the dish chilled. Bon appetit!

Also very tasty salad from blanched in combination with garlic, olive oil and cilantro.

Publication from Home Kitchen/Cooking (@domashniaia.kulinaria)

I also suggest to find out what useful properties the garden swan has and how it can be used. The presence of a swan in the garden means that there will be no other weeds there. Swan hates competitors!

Post by Garden (@wosaduly)

This year I want to plant a large-flowered Portulac on my balcony. It grows quickly, care for the plant is minimal. The main thing is that the pot is in a sunny place. By the way, I know many friends who use portulac as a lawn or for alpine slides.

You tried it. portulace? Do you like this plant?

Tags

See also

New and interesting