A month ago I went to Brazil to see my groom, although he is 20 years older, I am not going home.

Life in Brazil It seems like an attractive experience. And if someone, even in quiet times, wanted to know what it was like to live on the other side of the world, then in these crisis times, the thoughts of moving visit him more and more often. But what do you need to be prepared for those people who actually move to South America?

Today's edition. "Site" She will share the story of a young woman who went from St. Petersburg to Brazil to her groom. And she loved the life there, and she is not going to come back. What drives this desperate woman?

When I was about to move in with my Brazilian fiancé, I knew nothing about this faraway country. My knowledge ended with the fact that they love to shoot TV series, play football barefoot on the streets, and also love carnivals. And, of course, there was some knowledge in the field of geography, Marina writes.

“In Brazil, the first thing that surprised me was the stark contrast between the lives of the poor and the better off. Not only at home, but also lifestyle, habits, values, manner of speech differ. In the same favelas, everything is dirty and unsafe, buildings are painted with graffiti, wires hang directly overhead. Many poor people do not even finish school.”

“It is all the more surprising to see beautiful luxury houses with high fences and security, with swimming pools and playgrounds, beauty salons and other modern joys right in the courtyards. Wealthy are those who have educationDoctors, lawyers, engineers...

“Sometimes people get out of favelas, although it is quite difficult to do so. This becomes possible if you work hard and get a quality education. Not surprisingly, many poor parents work multiple jobs to educate their children, because that is the ticket to a better life. While many people are happy with their lives, they make no effort to change anything.”

"Protected families They usually hire a housekeeper who comes in a couple of times a week. Here it is surprising that for a resident of the favelas to get a job in a decent family is a great luck. But the problem is that finding a conscientious housekeeper or nanny is not easy. Many potential workers and workers are simply too lazy to do anything.”

“It was also surprising that there were no trains to travel to the neighbouring city. People move by car, bus or plane. The latter mode of transport, of course, can be afforded by units.”

They speak Portuguese here, but few people know English. Therefore, before coming to this country, it is better to know at least the basics of the language. And be prepared for the fact that they love to hug here. When they say goodbye, they kiss on both cheeks.”

“And this is the attitude here to friends and to new acquaintances. There’s nothing wrong with that, and I’m starting to like it too. The minuses have not yet felt, so it does not pull back at all, Marina shares.

Good luck to this woman who decided to change her life. Over time, she will notice even more interesting features. We are waiting for more letters from her. distant Brazil.

Tags

See also

New and interesting