What to put in the Easter basket, and what to consecrate categorically can not be

At midnight on April 24, a great service will begin in the churches in honor of the resurrection of Jesus Christ. At Easter, it is customary to bring various dishes to the temples for consecration. However, this tradition of celebrating Easter has certain rules. What you need and what you can not put in the Easter basket, I will tell you in today’s article.

Yesterday, April 17, 2022, the bright holiday of Easter was celebrated by Catholics. A week later, on April 24, Orthodox Christians will celebrate Easter. The church service begins at midnight with a procession of the cross. It is best to go to the temple in advance, for example, at 23 hours. Since not all people can come at this time, there are 2 or 3 liturgies per night in the church.

Lent ends when the Divine Liturgy comes to an end. It is also important that people take communion. Since the 1st service ends very early and public transport is not yet running, parishioners can have a snack right in the church. To do this, it is customary to bring an Easter basket with guests to the temple. And at the end of the service they are consecrated by a priest.

There are strict rules for drawing up an Easter basket. There is a clear list of foods that can and cannot be put in it. So, for example, first of all in the basket should be placed. Easter. It is a symbol of the body of Christ. In addition, kulich personifies the fullness of human life.

It doesn’t matter if it’s Easter or home. However, I advise you to prepare the treat yourself. We have a few good recipes for you. I especially liked the creamy Easter cheese. If you like classics, then I advise you to prepare a pastry according to the recipe of Ukrainian cook Daria Zvek.

The next essential element of the Easter basket is Eggs (pinks and dyes). According to tradition, eggs are identified with the Holy Sepulchre, which hides eternal life. By the way, recently my colleague Anastasia Chubar told me when you can paint eggs in 2022 and how to do it in an original way.

Then you should put it in the basket. meat-piece. They serve as a symbol of prosperity and prosperity, all those worldly benefits that people receive from the Creator. It will be great if you make a meat dish with your own hands. Here, for example, is a recipe for juicy baked pork.

Peels should also be placed in the Easter basket. salt. The first product symbolizes health, and the second - strength of spirit. You should also bring some dairy products to the church. For example, cheese, sour cream or cottage cheese. They represent the sacrifice of God and his love for people.

This tradition of celebrating Easter has its limitations. For example, it is strictly forbidden to put hot drinks in the Easter basket. Only one of them can be consecrated in the church – the kagor. It is also impossible to bring blood sausage and ordinary water to the temple. For the consecration of water there is another holiday - Baptism. When water becomes holy, we have a separate article.

In addition to some foods, you should not put material items in the basket. These are money, keys, jewelry and other things. It is also strictly forbidden to bless knives and any other sharp objects at Easter.

The traditions of Easter celebration differ among Christians of Eastern and Western rites. Roman Catholics put a bottle of water in an Easter basket. It is a symbol of the Holy Spirit, through which man gets rid of his sins.

Eastern rite Christians insert a candle into the Easter cake and set it on fire. Western Christians have different traditions. They hold a candle in their hands during the consecration of the basket. You can't light the candle.

Are you going to church for Easter? Tell me in the comments what you put in the Easter basket. Wait for you downstairs!

Tags

See also

New and interesting