I blame my mom for getting married at 70.

What should I say? mother's words before the weddingGiven that the wedding will take place at her own, and even in the eighth decade? Words of support, beautiful wishes for a great and long love or, conversely, criticism of your parent and attempts to stop unnecessary celebration?

Peels There are all sorts of life situations. Everyone tries to make their existence more interesting and comfortable. It is hardly worth teaching an elderly person how to behave, especially in matters of amorous. But our reader does not agree with this course of events. And for good reason.

Mother's words before the wedding I love my mother very much. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not writing this to justify myself, but to ask for advice. The situation is as follows: my mother is 74 years old. She's an adult, accomplished woman. So did I, though. But my mom also seems very bored.

In all her life she had 3 husbands, and she loved each in his own way. In her youth, a spectacular, beautiful woman, she felt the attention of men to her person. And now peers do not leave her without attention. Only I personally watched a couple of times as shy, red-faced grandfathers approached us and offered to buy tea.

So, my mother still knows how to take care of herself. On holidays and birthdays, she can only be given clothes that she chooses on the Internet (!), or cosmetics. That's what I got. At the same time, I assure you that my mother always treated her children with understanding and raised us all with decent people.

I have repeatedly asked her to move in with my husband. The children have grown up and moved to other cities. We are not constrained in the means, so there should be no problems. But she kept refusing. You see, it will be difficult for her to adjust to the regime, she has no friends in our district, it takes a long time to go to the center, and she is “not one of those women in scarves who ride in public transport in the morning.”

Peels' pension is, admittedly, not too high. It's not your general's wife. But, since we are all used to helping her, and she is not used to wasting money, Mom feels good. Walks, goes to theaters, sits with friends in cafes.

Well, that's it. She once met a man of one, “interesting”, according to her. 8 years her junior, widower. You know, a quick guy. With a mustache, a hat and a whole bunch of combat phrases like “Hi, girls, how you are so late mom let go for a walk.” Anyway, you get it.

They began to meet with him in different places, walk, share stories from the biography. And if that were it, I swear, I wouldn't mind. Even if they held hands like school children, I wouldn’t say a word. But no. It's been six months and my mom is notifying me that they've decided to get married. They have love, then.

Peels A, so you understand, the man our 20 years ago rewrote his home daughter, which lived all this time. There's family, kids. Thanks, it's a big apartment. But, it turns out that the woman in retirement does not have her home. How do you think that there is even the slightest chance that he wants to marry because of the missing living space? And I think so.

I can only imagine the situation if something terrible happens. Is it that I will have to see the smug face of the “stepfather” in my mother’s apartment, who will invite me and my husband to visit? It's scary to think.

The question is, can this problem be solved by law? Go to a notary or lawyer now and issue a document that the mother’s real estate in any case remains for her children? That would be better than suing her husband. No need to judge me, just stand in my place for a second. I think something is wrong. But I can't influence my mom. Thank you very much.

Tags

See also

New and interesting