Mommy's 60, and she's planning to get married, screaming, begging Mommy to stop.

Is getting married in adulthood a luxury? We used to think that we should get married before a certain age. But building happiness when you just retired is forbidden. Who set these rules, society? For decades, people continue to believe in the framework offered by society, not giving themselves the right to happiness. Lydia Ivanovna is a retired woman who looks after her grandchildren at home while her daughter goes to work.

Recently, Lidia Ivanovna began to communicate with like-minded people, began to smile and walk more. Only her daughter does not share the joy of her mother. It seems to Vera that it is all nonsense that an elderly woman at home should sit and not be ashamed.

I have no idea why this mother in her 60s was going to get married. Can older people really fall in love? Marriage should be made by loving people. My parents were 30 years old when they decided to sign. Before that, both father and mother worked to provide the children with a future. When they both stood on their feet, they decided they could start a family.

Mom and Dad have been happily married for 30 years. Dad passed away two years ago. My husband and I decided not to leave my mother alone. Especially since we needed help: the children were left alone all day, and the grandmother looked after them. We got along so well, everything was just great.

My husband loves my mom, especially when she bakes cherry pies. When my mother began to live with us, she began to cook a lot and tasty. My mother once told me about an event for lonely elderly people. I did not immediately understand what the event was, and my widow mother had recently become a widow, but I did not say anything about it.

After the meeting, my mother came happy, she glowed with joy and did not stop talking about her new many friends. Then my mom decided to go to these meetings every week. Her meetings coincided with my youngest son's swimming lessons. And I had to leave work to take him to the pool. My son's classes are now in question. And my mom's meetings are getting more and more annoying.

A month ago, my mother told me how her evening went, and suddenly she blushed. When I asked why she was so embarrassed, my mother said she had met a man. I'm speechless. Two years have passed and she is already in love. I could not accept this news and hoped that my mother was joking.

My mom is going to marry a man I don’t even know. It's weird and it doesn't fit in your head. When she saw my reaction, she packed up and moved in with this man. Now she doesn't even care about her grandchildren.

We haven't spoken for two weeks, I'm angry at my mom and I'm worried about her. She left her grandchildren unattended, knowing full well that I could not cope with everything. I can't overpower myself and call her. Especially after she found out she signed the other day.

Life wisdom and the advice of the editorial office "Love all ages are submissive," the poet wrote two hundred years ago. Who says older people have no right to be happy? Perhaps Lydia Ivanovna met a kindred spirit, no one knows how things were with a previous marriage. And the fact that a woman does not want to be alone, wants to love and be loved, is it a sin?

The daughter of Lydia Ivanovna is angry because her mother began to live her own life, not caring about others’ opinions, not being distracted by the care of grandchildren. To be honest, it was convenient for my daughter to sit with the kids and cook every day like a governess. Nobody thought about the feelings of a lonely woman. Lydia Ivanovna is a role model. A symbol of independence from the opinions of others. Even if your family is against it, it doesn’t mean you’re going in the wrong direction.

Tags

See also

New and interesting