How to grow a record onion crop

I'm a gardener, to be honest. But the onions in my summer cottage make neighbors bite their elbows with envy. My aunt taught me how to take care of him. The first thing a beginner gardener needs to know is that onions do not like rotten soil. Therefore, if your site is inappropriate soil, you should dilute it with sand and peat, and then mix everything thoroughly.

Another important point is for bowing You need alkaline soil. If you have sour on the site, it is worth making dolomite flour from autumn for deoxidation. Unfortunately, this procedure cannot be done in the spring.

Growing onions in open ground

1. Soaking in salt solution
    Before planting onions in the soil, it is necessary to hold the bulbs for 3 hours in a strong salt solution (approximately ratio: 1 tablespoon per 1 liter of water), and then 2 hours in a solution of manganese. Then it is necessary to wash each fruit in water.

2. To prevent the appearance of an onion fly
    When the first leaves of onions appear, it is necessary to water the plants according to a special scheme. First, you should irrigate vegetables with ordinary water, and then make a solution of 2 tablespoons of ammonia per 1 bucket of water. Watering onions is necessary at the rate of 3 buckets per 6 linear meters of land. The next day you should water the plants with plain water.

After 10 days, you need to resume watering the onions according to the above scheme. Instead of ammonia, table salt can be used (1 tablespoon per 1 liter of water). After another 10 days, you should pour the onion with a strong solution of potassium permanganate. Also an excellent prevention against onion fly is carrots. That is why a bed of carrots next to onions is a prerequisite for a good harvest.

3. Fertilizers
    Onions are extremely fond of feeding in the form of yeast infusion. To do this, you need to dilute 100 g of yeast into 1 bucket of water and let the mixture infuse for an hour. Then pour the garden plant with water, and after a few hours feed with yeast infusion.

4. Dry onions properly
    Remove the onions in a timely manner! For the middle lane (Russia, Ukraine, Belarus) is the end of July. It is important to avoid wet bulbs under August showers. Drying onions is best in the attic, where the wind walks. Then you should remove all the dirt and cut off the dried feather, leaving a small tail (8-10 centimeters).

It is also necessary to pick up onions from time to time. If at least one bulb starts to deteriorate, the rest will suffer.

We wish you a record harvest! Don’t forget to share these tips with other gardeners.

Tags

See also

New and interesting