Traditions and prohibitions on the day of Faith, Hope, Love and their mother Sophia

It is a tradition in my family that every year on September 30, all my relatives, wherever they are, come together to celebrate. Day of the Angel of Faith, Hope, and Love And their mother Sofia.

My grandmother’s name is Any, my great-grandmother’s name was Hope, and my mother’s aunt was Faith; I also have sisters Nadia and Lyuba. In the end, the reasons are more than enough.

These names are quite common, so if you have someone with that name around you, be sure to congratulate her this Sunday. In fact, this holiday is important not only to those who bear these names, but also to all women.

DepositPhotos

The Day of Faith, Hope, Love Previously, this day was called universal women’s namesake, because the names were very popular. Faith, Hope, Love and Their Mother Sophia Revered as martyrs, girls were killed in the second century in the Roman Empire because they did not renounce Christ.

In those years, the Roman state brutally persecuted believers in Christ. The little girls (the older Vera was only 12 at the time, and the younger Love was only 9) were arrested, tortured, and then killed in front of their mother. Sophia died two days later at the grave of her daughters.

But the tragic fate on earth turned into eternal glory for the martyrs in another world. The Church listed them as saints, and today miracles happen to them through prayers.

DepositPhotos

Earlier, all women were congratulated on the ecumenical namesake, it was the prototype of March 8. On this day, they complained about their share, and then again took up household chores, prepared treats, pies and sweets were especially appreciated. They also visited the church, prayed at the icon of the three Great Martyrs, asking for their health and love.

There is such a belief: if a woman sincerely and wholeheartedly prays on this day and asks for women’s happiness and long joyful days of life to her relatives, her request will be heard and life will begin to change for the better.

On this beautiful day it is customary to ask for the support of the heavenly forces.

DepositPhotos

Editorial "Site" It offers you to learn how best to spend this holiday, as well as what you should not do on September 30.

Customs, traditions and prohibitions on the holiday of Faith, Hope, Love and their mother Sofia
  1. On the Day of Saints Faith, Hope, Love and Sofia, as well as on other Orthodox holidays, it is forbidden to swear. When a person fights on holidays, he defiles a part of his soul.

DepositPhotos

It is customary to spend the day in the circle of the closest people, play with children, treat them with sweets. Children are given special attention, especially girls.

DepositPhotos

The Great Martyr Sophia is asked for health for a sick child, they also pray for getting rid of female diseases, for the conception of a child.

DepositPhotos

In the church, addressing the icon of the three holy martyrs, ask for strength to strengthen faith, health, prosperity and love.

DepositPhotos

On this day, it is considered a bad sign to hold a wedding, celebrate weddings and engagements.

DepositPhotos

Since ancient times, on the day of Faith, Hope and Love, all women were freed from hard work in the field, at home, in the garden. So dedicate this day to your loved ones and do not forget to smile as much as possible!

DepositPhotos

On September 30, you can not have loud feasts with alcohol.

DepositPhotos

And most importantly, on the Day of Faith, Hope and Love, do not forget about your loved ones! Behave so as not to offend anyone, and by all your deeds show mercy and forgiveness.

DepositPhotos

In the Orthodox Church on the occasion of this holiday there is no fast. However, it is considered that if pray before the icon “Faith, Hope, Love and Their Mother Sophia” will help protect relatives from temptations, return peace, joy and happiness to the family. Also, this prayer helps to build a strong, reliable family and find family happiness.

Here's the prayer itself:

O holy and praiseworthy martyrs Vero, Hope and Love, and the valiant daughters, wise mother Sophia, to you now a friend with fervent prayer; what can you do for us before the Lord, if not faith, hope and lovers, these three cornerstone virtues, in them the image called, you will reveal yourself! Pray to the Lord, that in sorrows and pastures He will cover us with His inexpressible grace, save us and preserve us, for there is also a lover of humanity. To that glory, for the sun is not necessary, now in sight is bright, so help us in our humble prayers, that the Lord God may forgive our sins and iniquities, and may He have mercy on us sinners and unworthy of His bounty. Pray for us, holy martyrs, our Lord Jesus Christ, to whom we send glory with His Father without beginning and His Holy and Good and Life-giving Spirit, now and ever and ever. Amen.

DepositPhotos

At birth, every person is under the protection of higher forces. The guardian angel, who is given to everyone at baptism, constantly protects and tries to protect, help.

I invite you to pray to your guardian angel. This prayer should be read once every morning. After three days of this practice, you will begin to notice how your life is changing for the better.

Tell me about the best way to do it. Day of Faith, Hope and Love Your friends on social media!

Tags

See also

New and interesting