How the gardener decorates the house on the New Year holidays

The Christmas tree is essential New Year's Eve! And here there can be many options: both live - ate, pines, fir, and artificial - store imitations of live trees or unusual ones made with their own hands.

I love the smell of real needles, but cutting trees for fun is inhumane. A beautiful tree is one that grows in the forest. In addition, at home, live Christmas trees do not last long, often crumble and then you have another six months to find Christmas tree needles everywhere. But my husband is committed to keeping the tree alive.

I recently found out about an option that will definitely take root in my family. And this succulent.

Unusual Christmas trees Succulents have long been loved by many for their exotic beauty and unpretentiousness, but rarely who knows that these wonderful plants can create an amazing live composition, for example, a Christmas tree. This idea is now gaining popularity in Western Europe.

Today's edition. "Site" will show you interesting succulent. It will also reveal how it can be done at home. It will give your favorite winter holiday special artistry!

DepositPhotos

1. For such an unusual Christmas tree, you can use any kind of succulents (from a stone rose to the beloved aloe and Kalanchoe).

DepositPhotos

2. Such a beautiful living tree of succulents does not wilt or crumble. It will keep you and your family happy for a long time.

DepositPhotos
  3. To create this beauty, you will need: a floristic sponge (oasis), succulents, a wooden frame with a metal stud and a garden knife. Cut a cone out of the oasis, then make small holes in it with a knife.

DepositPhotos
  4. Install a floristic sponge on a wooden frame, putting it on a metal stud. Put your succulents in the openings of the oasis.

DepositPhotos

5. Note that you need not forget about watering, so that the Christmas tree from succulents will serve you longer.

6. And if you decide on a larger Christmas tree, then as a basis it will be wiser to take a wire frame, because a floristic sponge is much more expensive. Wrap the frame with a metal mesh, fixing it on the frame with wire. Add soil inside the cone and tie the frame with moss. The net cells will be pockets for planting succulents.

DepositPhotos

7. Look at how beautiful this is!

8. Succulents in such a Christmas tree are well preserved, but they will not grow and develop. Therefore, if you want to save them, after the holidays, the succulents will need to be transplanted into a pot of soil.

9. In order to succulent It was lush and elegant, you need to give time to plants to grow, put their roots in the soil and flatter each other. If you do not want to wait for the composition to grow, fill the space between plants with smaller specimens of succulents or their creeping species.

I also suggest you familiarize yourself with 14 more ideas for unusual plantings of compositions made of succulents. They almost do not need care, just a little water once a week and a sunny place!

Christmas trees from succulents will definitely please you with their durability, unpretentiousness, unusual appearance, and also become the very same one. perfect alternative The living beauties of the forest.

Tell your friends on social media about this amazing idea, because inspiration is so contagious!

Tags

See also

New and interesting