How bad is a young 40-year-old mother-in-law

How to awaken in the child the desire for independence? What do you need to do to raise your son as a real man? And most importantly, is it worth helping adult children solve household problems?

You can find the answers to all these questions right here and now!

My mother-in-law got married very early. Already at the age of 18, Margarita Olegovna became a mother and learned to cope with everything alone, since there was no waiting for help from her parents. Her only support and support was her husband Nikolai (Dima’s father). Soon after his birth, his son died. So Margot had to quickly adapt to the circumstances and somehow get out of the situation. Which she ended up doing...

The mother-in-law also decided to instill the desire for independence in her son. She did everything to adulthood Dima could firmly stand on his feet and confidently walk into adulthood.

On the one hand, I am grateful to her for that. I have the perfect husband you can only dream of. I have never met a more responsible and loving man.

But, on the other hand, it hurts me that my mother-in-law does not show any interest in our lives. Maximum will congratulate us on holidays or sit with my granddaughters if I get sick. To everything else, she has one answer: “I somehow managed on my own, you too can...”

I grew up with my grandmother, I don’t even remember my parents, they died when I was only 3 years old. All my life I had hoped that one day I would be in a big family where everyone would stand behind each other and always be there. In particular, I hoped to find the support and support that was missing all these years in my husband’s family. But that, alas, didn't happen.

My mother-in-law doesn’t care about any of our problems. She lives her life and doesn’t think about anything. Says that while still young and beautiful, will enjoy every day to the fullest. As for the mother’s duty, she has long since fulfilled it.

She may be right, but I think it works a little differently. You can’t stop being a mother when your child grows up. I will never stop helping my daughters when they come of age.

Who do you think is right about this story - mother-in-law or daughter-in-law? How do you think a good mother should be? Don’t be shy about sharing this in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting