How the daughter ran home while my mother rested in the sanatorium

“The trip to the sanatorium was the first and last rest in old age. I didn't expect my grown daughter to behave like that. Although I will not offend the pigs, they are even more decent than people, Valentina Ivanovna barely holds back tears.

This year, her daughter Anya gave her mother a ticket to the sanatorium. Mom is a village man, not accustomed to rest. So Anya decided to please her mother, give her a little rest. Upon arrival from the sanatorium Valentina Ivanovna stunned.

A trip to the sanatorium "I will soon be seventy." I've been living in a village alone for 10 years. At home I have a small garden, chickens, Zoika's cow. Anya insisted that I go, dissipate. She had already paid for the trip, so there was nowhere to go. I packed a suitcase and went to rest, asked my daughter to look after the household, and the neighbor reassured me that she would look after.

It's getting harder and harder for me to manage my house, but I'll never leave my house in the village. Cozy there, the walls remind me of my husband who passed away 5 years ago. He was kind and affectionate, I like to sit on the porch and meet the new day at dawn, wondering when I will join my beloved on the cloud.

I'm on my feet from morning to night. Then feed the chicken, then milk the cow, make cheese, chop wood. Sometimes I sell cottage cheese and milk with sour cream in the market. As long as I live, I will do everything in my power to benefit people and family. Anya and her husband and young child live in an apartment, save money for the construction of a house. I'm saving for them too, so I don't say anything to anyone yet.

This year my daughter decided to make me happy. He comes and gives me a two-week trip to a health resort. I wasn't going to go, I asked for everything back. But Anya persuaded me, said that they wanted to be in nature with the whole family, and they would look after the household. Okay, here we go.

In the sanatorium, I relaxed a little, even found a friend with whom I chatted in the evenings for a cup of tea. I went to the pool and massage, it was good. And yet I missed my native walls, my hares and my cow. I was eager to talk to them, feed them, caress them. And then I went home. I saw my backyard and my heart stopped. How could this have been done?!

My husband and I decided to simplify my life. Put water in my house. They sold my cow, Zoika. Chicken and hares sold. When I think about it all, I can't help crying. How so, my dear soul, Zoika, has been sold! She was like my family. Every morning I sang songs to her while I milked her and talked to her. She was my best friend...

Anya said that I am not at the age to keep the house. You need to take care of yourself and not go to the market with heavy bags. But she doesn't understand, because I was happy. Now at least sit by the window and cry all day long. I won't forgive her for such a despicable act. Even if she wanted to. You can't do that. I do not know if I will ever make peace with my daughter, I am very sorry that she did this to me.

From the editorial board Valentina Ivanovna is partly right. But her daughter is right in her own way. On the one hand, Valentina Ivanovna needs support, she is no longer young, it is increasingly difficult for her to cope with the household alone. On the other hand, Anya did a terrible thing to her mother. It is clear that no one from the city will move to the village to help with livestock. Not everyone likes this life. Anya decided to make everything easier, as she thought, to protect her mother from excessive fatigue. But my daughter didn't realize that people in the village think differently. Every blade of grass grown by their hands, every chicken is a friend. And cows in general, along with dogs, become the best interlocutors, psychotherapists and friends. Imagine that your pet was sold so that you did not have to walk with him and take care of him anymore. What would you do?

Tags

See also

New and interesting