I wear my grandmother’s coat, you can sew an evening dress from his lining.

New generations have long since redefined the concept of value. We began to treat clothes, dishes and other trinkets differently. But before, in an era of unstable scarcity, the material often became something special.

For example, a woman could wear her favorite outfit several times in her life. And the festive service became a real property of the family. What is the picture of modernity and what has changed? Today, we will talk based on examples, and, of course, nostalgia.

The writing of this article was inspired by a post by a woman on Facebook. We didn't change a line on purpose so you could feel everything the heroine felt.

After the war, my grandmother drove to his grandfather’s place of service in a coat without lining. Because she made a dress out of the lining. A woman cannot come to her man after 6 years of separation.

And then she never threw anything away. Alas, after her departure, there are many good things left. But who needs 60s drap coats or Crimplene cuts? But this is just an echo of that dress from the lining of the pre-war coat.

I'm sure each of us has special dishes for guests: sets of plates, sets of sets of sets. They get 2-3 times a year. We love our guests, so they are the best. Why don't we love ourselves? Why do we have a chipped mug with a drawing we don't like? Did we have a lining dress, too?

I have a ceremonial suit. On very solemn occasions, which I had in 15 years from the power of 5 pieces. It’s a beautiful costume that I’ve never washed, I’ve worn 5 times in 15 years! Who's going to call me smart if I can't wear it at all now that the size doesn't match?

A 12-person service... I can set the table beautifully, and if there are more guests, I will be embarrassed, exposing the devices “out of rank”. I won't, though! Because the set is now 11 people. I took one person. I want to drink coffee from beautiful dishes today. And if I break this one person, then there will be 10, 9, 8 seats in my service.

I don’t just wear my second ceremonial dress when I’m out. It’s only a year old and we’re the same size.
And every night, when there's pain on the left, I see Grandma. A young blonde with beautiful hair styling in a light coat and a dress of the same tone.

And in the morning, I pour myself coffee in that beautiful cup, put on the front and the weekend and leave the entrance, realizing that I was given another day. Which I can live through today. Because tomorrow may be gone.

The message of this revelation is very simple. By exalting the material to the spiritual, we become hostages. And it is not things that trap us, but our attitude towards them. Earlier. value It was about using them in a special case. Today, people choose when this special occasion comes.

Yes, much has become more accessible. A lot of things have ceased to play a role. Modern people strive for minimalism, and they try to use the best as often as possible, not a couple of times a year. The heroine of the history of law: tomorrow may not be. So why deny yourself pleasure again, whatever it is?

I really wear the coat of my loved one's grandmother. He is very old, most of which just hung in the closet. The worst part is that no one even wore it. For what occasion was it reserved? A girl from the future gave him a second life. It's amazing that this coat really feels special to me now. It’s great to be able to wear it every autumn.

What are you nostalgic about? Do you have an old family set or something? Share your story in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting