A reliable way to install new pens on a mosquito net when the old ones break

Nowadays, almost every second house has plastic windows. They well insulate the house and with the help of a special grid protect against insects. But there's one problem with these grids: plastic pens often break down. mosquito-netting. How to fix them and how to replace them, I will tell you in this article.

Mosquito nets of this plan perfectly protect the house from mosquitoes. For example, in my apartment in the summer is very hot, without open doors to sleep impossible. All the time we have open windows in the house, so you can not do without a special net, otherwise mosquitoes will eat.

Many of my friends have faced this problem. Sooner or later, the mount for the mosquito net just falls off. This makes it difficult to remove it from the window.

I will tell you how to make special handles for the grid at home. There are many different options for solving this problem - in my opinion, this is the easiest and most neat way to replace the mount. No sticking bolts, nails, screws or scotch are needed all over the window.

First you need to get rid of a piece of broken handle, which remained in the slot of the net. With the help of a screwdriver, we remove a piece and gently pinch the cord, which goes along the perimeter of the grid.

For the pen, we need a piece of plastic from a regular plastic bottle. It is better to take a one-and-a-half-liter soda bottle - they are usually made of durable plastic. With a knife, we cut a small strip 10 millimeters wide and about 10 centimeters long.

We fold our strip in half to make a loop. Then insert it into the mosquito net - it is better to insert just below the place where the old pen was. Plastic must be mounted under the cord, which is located along the perimeter of the grid.

The size of the loop is measured by the phalanx of the finger - a small loop should be obtained, for which it is convenient to take a grid. Carefully insert the loop under the grid cord and press the cord with your fingers. Then, with the help of a screwdriver, we push the cord harder so that it firmly enters the slot of the net. Cut everything off, a few minutes, and the pen is ready.

The same pen for convenience can be placed on the other side of the grid. Such pens will last for a long time - I have 2 years as they hold. If they fall off, then nothing terrible will happen, I will put the same. After all, this method is not expensive, and installing pens takes only a couple of minutes. What ideas do you have to make new pens for mosquito netting?

Tags

See also

New and interesting