How do my friends live in a Polish village near the border with Russia?

My cousin and her husband moved to Poland. They now live in a village near the town of Olsztyn, near the Russian border. They offered to visit them for a couple of days - my wife and I willingly agreed. In this article, I will tell you how the Poles live and what the ordinary looks like. polish.

In Poland it is comfortable to live both in the city and in the countryside. The income of an ordinary Pole allows him to buy a car for his family. Therefore, you can live in the countryside and easily get to the city to work. In addition, there are very good and high-quality roads with convenient transport interchange.

When we arrived, we immediately noticed how the Poles were building houses far apart. They prefer privacy and privacy. Often you can find houses in the forest, which are located away from the noise and bustle and closer to nature. Bringing communication to such dwellings is not so easy, but it is worth it. There is something about it – harmony and tranquility.

My sister's husband goes to Olsztyn for work, and my sister works from home. They're doing well with the Internet, even though they live so far away from civilization. On weekends, they are sometimes chosen to Olsztyn or other big cities. The rest of the time is spent in the village.

Some Poles come to the village only for the summer. Instead of home, they have their own cottage with all the comforts. They are just as busy as we are with the household, but instead of potatoes and cucumbers, they prefer to grow berries and fruits. It seemed to me that they were doing it for pleasure, not because they had to.

In the more populated part of the village, houses are built closer together. It seems that more sociable people live in the center of the village. In this village there is a place to go: a small cafe, beautiful alleys and even a museum. And, of course, a magnificent church, as in any village in Poland.

On the last day before we left, we came to sit in a cafe, so to speak, to "fix" our trip. I was pleasantly surprised by the Polish hospitality. Strong coffee and folk pastries made us very happy. In addition, the owner of the cafe is remembered - she is an artist who arranges exhibitions and cultural evenings. In this village, people work in the garden and garden during the day, and in the evening they spend cultural time.

We also noted for ourselves that the national color is well preserved in Poland. Poles appreciate their culture and traditions. During national holidays, they decorate their homes in such a way that it seems as if they were in another era.

View this post on Instagram

Zalipie-the most beautiful village in Poland #zalipiethepaintedvillage #village #mostpicturesquevillage #zalipie #tarnow #zalipiepoland #poland #malowanachata #polska #painting #art #flowers #travel #travelphotography #photography #photography #lipier #most beautiful villagevpolshe #draskinadome #art #Polish #journey #journey #journeyPolish #journey #journeyPoland

A post shared by Julia (@ljusha_travel) on Jun 24, 2019 at 6:24am PDT

My wife and I loved the Polish village. Despite the fact that the village is far from the city, we did not notice extinction or decline here. This often happens in other countries, when people leave villages and move to live closer to the cities. The Poles managed to make life in the village very comfortable - my sister and her husband did not regret their move. If we have the opportunity, we will definitely come again.

Tags

See also

New and interesting