Why Mothers Should Not Visit Their Daughter Without Invitation

Children grow up too fast, and when they leave the parental home, the soul becomes sad, the loneliness is unnoticed. It seems to parents that adult children forget about them, stop visiting, immerse themselves in their worries. Today we will tell a story in which a mother and an adult daughter lost touch after their daughter got married.

Mother and adult daughter I raised Pauline alone. When Paul was a little girl, I couldn't give her everything that children get from wealthy parents. But I always thought I was doing my best. I really wanted to give my child proper attention. At least I thought so.

The daughter studied well, but she was not an excellent student. I went with classmates to museums and excursions. But I couldn't pay for some of the trips. I raised my child with hope. I was sure that when she went to university, then got married, life would be easier.

So my daughter got married and moved in with her husband. One day I missed, decided to visit Pauline and please my son-in-law with homemade cakes. I packed up and went to see them. The daughter opened the door irritated. From the doorstep, she said that she should be warned before arriving, there is no entrance yard.

I thought she had a problem. Maybe I picked a bad moment and didn't take offense at the baby. It wasn't until we sat down to drink tea that I learned everything Pauline hadn't told me before. My husband was at work, so she decided to talk.

It turned out that all her life she suffered because of me. As a child, Pauline was ashamed of me because I did not dress as fashionably as other mothers. She said that she was tired of suffering from poverty and wanted to get married as soon as possible. Pauline said I ruined her life by constantly saving money.

I was shocked. My son never said anything like that to me. She never complained or made a tantrum. This revelation opened my eyes. Polina has been accumulating so much hatred and resentment all this time, and for all the years she has not even given her appearance. And now I know the whole truth.

“At that moment I thought about what I was hiding from her.” Pauline was not a wanted child. When I was young, I was seduced by a drunken adult neighbor and became pregnant. You couldn't talk about it. And all my life I felt stigmatized.

Pauline felt all the hatred for herself, despite the fact that I tried my best to hide it. Her confession broke me, but I couldn’t tell Pauline why her childhood was unhappy. Why is that? You can't bring it back. Most of all, I regret not teaching my child to talk about his feelings. Maybe it would have been different. Only I couldn't do it because I couldn't talk about my heavy burden.

Maybe after a while, I'll gather my strength and confess to my daughter that I'm guilty and ask her for forgiveness. But now I'm confused. The child, the native child I felt disgusted with, now rejects me. She is so young, I don’t know if Pauline will ever forgive me for a difficult childhood and lack of motherly love.

Tags

See also

New and interesting