Why I don't make up and love myself with green hair

"Why don't you wear makeup?" Why did you dye your hair green? I noticed that such questions are asked by very nice girls, simple beautiful people, smart, interesting. And at the same time, these are girls who have been brought up with stereotypes and patterns since childhood, maybe they did not like them in childhood. These girls have a list of “I’ll never...”—a list of things they’ll never let themselves do, even if they want to, because others won’t.

Most often, such girls wear makeup to please themselves first of all, to overcome some complexes, and then to others. Later, they insert implants where they think something is missing. Someone resorts to beauty injections, and someone gets a piercing or tattoo at 40 and dyes his hair because he wanted to, but his parents did not allow. Everyone has their own way of going crazy.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Veronika Zhmurko (@veronikazhmurko6317)

I will tell you why I don’t make up: I don’t want to. It is a pity that this reason alone is not enough to satisfy your curiosity. So there's always the question, "What?" because I don't want to like people who don't like themselves.

I have makeup, and once every six months I have nothing to do, I can put on makeup and sit in such a beautiful house. And then I forget I've made eyelashes, scratched my eyes and accidentally greased my lipstick. By chance, I’m always eating something.

And then I realize that I'm not comfortable constantly adjusting my makeup, wearing tight dresses and beautiful shoes. The phrase “you’re a girl” makes me angry. Read books, increase your vocabulary and finally stop communicating and thinking in patterns.

I wonder why cute girls prefer to watch videos on YouTube about how to fall in love with a guy or put a pound of makeup on their face to fall in love with a guy again. Instead, why don’t they plunge into their favorite business, interesting books and go to a psychologist to clean up the garbage in their heads and start living, regardless of how they look?

Attitude to "not like everyone else" Femininity, charm and beauty, a sense of style is beautiful. I admire beauties who like to dress up and have infinite patience to apply makeup every morning and every evening to mercilessly wash it from their already beautiful face. Why in the twenty-first century, when there are so many ways and possibilities of self-expression, people still judge, do not accept, sometimes hate strangers for their appearance?

Bright hair, piercings, tattoos - this is already such a commonplace, and at the same time taboo for half of the world's population. Moreover, I am surprised and wildly angry by individuals who just on the move can shout something after you about the non-standard appearance. It's worse when the non-standard is innate, and because of some bastards on the street, a person is ready to take his own life. Parents, start raising your children, let them be kind.

Well, if your mother turns a blind eye to your rudeness, dislikes you and does not instill moral values, then I will say. You are a handsome but deeply unhappy person, and you don’t have to be a moral freak to get love and attention. Don’t try to please, let alone humiliate someone to seem cooler than him.

Stop looking at other people with anger. Keep your valuable opinion to yourself if it is not asked, and take care of yourself. Take out your “I never...” list and do it with you first. He'll let you in right away, and then you'll realize that there are no borders and no one owes you anything. And all your life, you've been sitting in a cage you've climbed into. You don’t need anyone’s approval to be happy. Just be.

Tags

See also

New and interesting