What happens when the kids don’t come to the hospital?

With age, people are used to changing their habits and outlook on life. Sometimes for the better, sometimes not quite. For example, maybe. complaintEven if it's your own, it's just a trifle. What if they complain about you and have no answer?

Our reader, who works as a nurse, shared a very interesting and instructive moment that she had a chance to observe in the hospital. A great example of how the same situation looks from different points of view.

Complaint to the person Hello and good health. My name is Tamara and I work as a nurse at a local hospital. As you all know, the global pandemic has hit every country's health care hard, so we're all working with enormous overloads. But my story has nothing to do with the virus.

We recently received an elderly woman for treatment. Small, nimble with a great sense of humor and a sea of energy. It's like a battery. Thank goodness she didn’t have anything serious, but 2-3 weeks in the ward should lie down. Not at home, but under medical supervision.

The first week was fine. Grandma was nice to other patients, doctors and nurses. She smiled, she was happy. We have in the ward on TV some foreign series, so she commented on each episode: it turned out that at home she has the Internet and she actively uses it. Miracles.

But the next week, her daughter came to her, and the old woman was sad. His eyes are sad, silent. The series does not comment anymore, lies on his bed, does not talk to anyone. So I decided to take her a little bit and find out what happened.

It turned out, yes, her daughter actually came to her. I brought a tablet, some food, some money, and all sorts of small things. But she came for an hour. And, most importantly, until the end of treatment will not come again. I didn't even bring home food. She left her mother alone and didn’t want to waste her time.

Agree, the picture is depressing. How can you leave an elderly mother like that? I saw what she was like when I got to the hospital. A completely different person...

The next day, my daughter returned to the hospital. I saw her coming out of the doctor's office. It was a little uncomfortable, but I decided to talk to her. About her behavior, about the fact that she does not want to come to the hospital to her mother. It turned out that everything is not as obvious as it might seem at first glance.

Raisa, the daughter of our young grandmother, shared the following information with me. She has two children and the oldest is only 3 years old. That is, she can not always come to her mother. She taught her mother how to use the Internet and brought a tablet to talk online. I'm not in the room at night, so I don't see their daily video conversations.

About the food. Raisa doesn't cook very well, so she bought some food from the hospital buffet for her visit. And she left enough money for her mother to buy everything she needed when she wanted to. She says she even taught her how to use delivery, but the hospital has everything she needs.

Finally, she had just left the doctor’s office, where she had learned in detail about her mother’s diagnosis and that it was not dangerous. It’s okay to get her out of the hospital at the right time. The woman sighed and said that her mother with age began to dramatize everything - as in her favorite TV series. The home already knows, but strangers believe. But as they say, it's not boring.

© Freepic I now treat all patients with a slight note of distrust. Judge for yourself, attacked the poor woman with questions, as if she were my enemy. We sent my grandmother home a long time ago and recovered without any problems. In general, I believe that most of our patients, as young children, and want to repeat the words of the serial doctor with a heavy look and a lame leg:Everybody lies.?

Tags

See also

New and interesting