Why does my son-in-law refuse to buy new shoes?

What do you think you should do to avoid spoiling?mother-in-law? There is no universal scheme because everyone is different. However, there are a few things that are equally unacceptable for any family. For example, various kinds of prohibitions.

Imagine for a second: a husband tells his wife to stop helping her mother financially once and for all. Hmm, I don't think that's going to strengthen family ties and make your mother-in-law happy. What would you do to the same wife? That is our story from today’s life.

Three years ago I married a beautiful man. I already had a daughter from my first marriage. But Artem did not bother at all: he loves children. We are about to have a second baby. Nothing would have happened if not for my husband’s recent statement.

“I think it's time you stopped helping your mother financially. Think about it, you're on maternity leave, baby's about to be born. You can't keep giving her money, our family needs it. People somehow live on their pension, — said the husband in an even voice.

To be honest, I was shocked. When my first husband left me with a baby in my arms, my mother did everything for me and my granddaughter. While I was working to feed my family, she took care of the baby and took care of the house. Of course, I always wanted to thank her. From time to time, he added his bank card.

With the advent of Artem, everything changed. My mother began to live separately again, but I did not stop helping her. Adult children have an obligation to support their parents. There's no other way! That's why my husband's words hurt me so much. What are those weird bans?

© Freepik Recently, my mother took my daughter from a mug and came to us for a seagull. Somehow she mentioned in passing that it would be necessary to hand over winter shoes for repairs before the frost started. I immediately asked her to buy a new pair of warm shoes. I just know it's not the first time Mom has been fixing boots. Why suffer like this? Especially since I just received maternity money and Artyom soon has a salary.

Mom was embarrassed, but she's not giving up money like she used to. The next day, I just gave my mom the money I needed and, of course, told my husband. And that’s where he started expressing his discontent. Artem said that he did not want to help my mother for the rest of his life, saying that she should understand everything herself. He also has his own parents.

Of course, on one hand, I can understand it. He really doesn't have to give his mother-in-law money. But that doesn’t mean I have to stop helping my mother. I know she can't do it without me! I don’t know what to do to fix their relationship and not fight with my husband. ?

From the editorial board mother-in-lawFirst of all, you need to find out what the problem is. For example, if it consists in some trivial misunderstanding, it will be easy to resolve the conflict. But everything is much more complicated when the reason lies in personal dislike.

In the case of our heroes, there may be something, who knows? However, let’s hope that the main character will be able to find the right words to convince her husband of the rationality of her actions.

I wonder what advice would you give this woman? Perhaps your words will help someone who is in a similar situation. We'll see you in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting