A loud quarrel with a mother who complains to neighbors about the children

Relationships with parents don’t always work out the way we want them to. No matter how hard you try to make contact, it feels like a stone wall in front of you. And sometimes close relatives are not at all those for whom they pretended to be for many years. But How to understand a personWho was actually a stranger to you?

© Freepik Something similar happened to the heroine of our story today. Throughout her life, she helped her mother and supported her. Instead of thanking her, she received a spit in the back. Can a daughter forgive her mother?

I was born and raised in a small village. When I was little, my mom worked as a rural teacher and my dad was a builder. Sometimes it was hard, so my mother taught me from an early age to help with the housework. Soon I had a little sister, and the worries became even more.

Mom was sent to kindergarten very early. I just turned 12. But even then, a mountain of additional duties fell on me. Every day I took the baby out of the garden, fed her, and at the same time had to monitor the house and household.

© Freepik Mom took extra work and always came in the evening. Sometimes my dad never came home. My parents always told me I was young and I had more time and energy. So the older I got, the more things I was assigned. And I silently agreed and carried out all orders. Now I realize that I was just afraid to do something wrong, because often my mother took a break on me.

This is my entire childhood and teenage years. At one point I was just humbled and waiting for me to finally grow up and be able to build my life. Maybe that's why I got married so early. I had just turned 20, and Valerka, my future husband, appeared in my life.

© Freepik He became a true support and salvation for me. After the wedding, we started living together, but I never forgot my parents. Although I already had a job and a household, I spent every weekend at my parents’ house. At some point, her mother found out that her father was cheating on her and kicked him out. I felt like my mom couldn't do it without me.

I was very tired at work, but there was always a second wind, and I drove to my native village. We did repairs in the yard, took care of the garden and our animals. Even when I had my first child, everything remained the same. Mom took everything for granted, and I didn't ask her to do anything.

I saw it was hard for my sister, too. I only came for two days, and she lived there all the time, literally babysitting her mother. Her father’s betrayal greatly affected her: her mother became more irritable and demanding. Mashka was not even 20 years old, when she too jumped out of marriage and left her mother. She retired and was left completely alone.

© Freepik Even then, we never stopped helping her. Thank you to my husband, who always supported me and went with me to the village. Over time, my mother began to demand more from me. She didn't even want to clean the house until I came and helped her. She could have called at any time and told me she needed me.

One day I arrived without warning and did not find my mother at home. It surprised me because my mother didn’t like to go anywhere. I went to my neighbor to see if something had happened. But Nina Ivanovna’s response shocked me. She told me that her mother always came to her to complain about me. I only come to get food and never help her.

I've never felt so devastated. Of course, Nina Ivanovna understood that this was a fraud, she saw how my husband and I worked in the garden. So the neighbor decided to open my eyes to everything that was going on. But it didn't get any easier... How do you understand someone who has been pretending all these years?

I was waiting for my mom in the summer kitchen. She was very surprised at my sudden arrival. "Mom, is that true?" All the things you said to our neighbors about me? I asked in an even voice. "Well, isn't that true?" Come, take the potatoes out in bags and leave me. And so it is every time! - I heard in response.

At the time, I thought my mother was not okay. She was acting like she didn’t understand what she was saying. After her words, I couldn’t say anything else, I just got out and got in the car. My husband said he would never come here again. I supported him.

© Freepik But a few years later, a phone call came up. Nina Ivanovna called: Mom needs to be taken away, I think she has some kind of disorder. It is not oriented in time or space, it behaves strangely”. My sister flatly refused, and I can understand her. She and her husband lived alone, and there was no room for another man.

Later, doctors diagnosed Alzheimer's disease. I had no choice but to take my mother home. Apparently, this is my fate, the fate of the eldest daughter.

This story is an example of how sometimes it is important to forgive. Although sometimes it seems that it is impossible to understand a person, you need to find strength in yourself and let go of past offenses. And then you will feel an incredible sense of relief and enlightenment.

You may have faced the same problem. Tell me in the comments, what advice would you give to the main character of today's story?

Tags

See also

New and interesting