Iris eTrike electric tricycle new generation

32 years after the debut of the Sinclair C5 electric bike, created by sir Clive Sinclair, his nephew, presented his own version of the tricycle on which you can ride on the pedal-or electric-powered.

Trike C5 could accelerate up to a maximum of 25 km/h that was allowed to ride it without a license. In reality, such a speed to reach was very difficult – a modest 200-watt electric motor is not much helped the driver and he had mainly to rely on the strength of their legs. In addition, this miniature vehicle is not allowed to feel safe on the road among many large machines. But sell about three thousand of the original tricycles Sinclair-the senior still managed, and later, due to low demand, production was completely stopped.

44-year-old Grant Sinclair knows that despite all the revolutionary, the brainchild of his uncle suffered a financial collapse. However, Grant is confident e – bikes, which he called Iris eTrike will be successfully sold.

In addition to the electric motor, Iris eTrike with conventional Bicycle pedals and the driver can switch between eight speed transmission. Electronics switches off the engine upon reaching a speed of 25 km/h. A 250-watt electric motor powered by a charged battery turns on automatically when you turn the pedals is a model ECO. There are more powerful modification – Extreme – c motor of 750 watts and a maximum speed of 50 km/h.

The external design of new products is carefully crafted and replicates the aerodynamic shape of the helmet for the racer on the track, that is, air resistance would be minimal. Bike-cars body is made of foamed polypropelene (Quantum Foam EPP) and despite the light weight and its apparent fragility, has quite an impressive margin. Also, this cabin retains heat well and holds more cargo compartment volume of 50 liters.

"I met with e-bikes at the age of 9 years on the airfield Duxford and traveled a lot on different models developed by my uncle. Before meeting with Adam Harper (friend of Grant and a world record speed for cyclists), I knew it was possible to create a bike that is able to drive at a speed comparable to the car," said Grant Sinclair.The objective of the Grant was not only the speed. In Sinclair C5 the driver was located too low – clearance tricycle was barely over 5 inches. Scarecrows potential drivers and very cramped open cockpit. Iris eTrike the driver sits much higher, and the cabin is made more spacious than that in a positive way affects the visibility and ease.

Another problem was the security. Grant lived for some time in Bristol. Out in the Spa bath was built a popular Cycling route. And one time, bikers began to attack the unknown with baseball bats. The number of attacks reached 14 per week. It is demonstrated that the cockpit of the bike needs to be closed. In principle, this is required and should be comfortable – the driver must be protected from wind and rain.

"I never sought to repeat the Sinclair C5, and the initial idea of transforming Iris was far from what happened. But since my uncle's conditions for cyclists better, and I think people will like it, Iris," concludes Sinclair.Buy electric-Cycling vehicle was Iris eTrike 2 999 pounds in the basic configuration available on the official website of its Creator. published

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Source: ecotechnica.com.ua/transport/2093-iris-etrike-elektricheskij-tritsikl-novogo-pokoleniya-video.html

Tags

See also

New and interesting