Report bicycle mechanic

I work bike mechanic. Well, as I work - so I have a hobby. Today I priglagayu you on a tour to our club shop.

It will be 18 photos.

The only club I get on the bike, regardless of weather conditions. Today, after forty minutes prodiraniya through snowdrifts finally seemed to garage our workshop.

The club is called the Edmonton Bicycle Commuters and is a volunteer organization. The main purpose of the club: the promotion of cycling lifestyle and care for all cyclists, or wishing to become them.

Behind the gate we were met by untreated high. Veliki get here solely as a donation, they usually bring people who are gathering dust in the garage, and throw a pity. At the end of the season it is very popular to give us a great, if the new season is scheduled upgrade to a higher level is great. Thus, 99.9% of the bicycle require repair settings.

Fresh bikes come into the yard, where they take out and clean bicycle mechanic, repairing, set up and put up for sale that they have found a new owner.

Once inside, we get to the main room - the studio itself, where there are bicycle stands and tools. Currently there are no visitors, mechanics result in better shape bicycles from the yard.

After a few minutes the suitable site.

In the club come people who want to fix, adjust, or even just to wash the bike. Club rules prohibit bicycle mechanic to do the job for the visitors. Mechanics needed in case the person does not know how to approach the bike, then bike mechanic shows and explains how to diagnose and fix the problem. The most interesting is that during this joint work on the problem, create a friendly atmosphere, so I used that when I go around the city I start to smile and nod strangers (alas, I can not remember all, even though I try).

The basic idea of ​​the club - to give people themselves feel their strength. We do not work for them, we just help them achieve the goal itself.

Despite the snow, visitors are often, but usually people come in the winter, which themselves are well aware of which side of the pitch in vypravitel rim.

To fix the bike we have all the basic tools. Neto just so very specific tools, such as tools for working with carbon frames or hydraulic brakes.

Often it happens that we have to replace the spare. To do this we go to kladovochku which stores parts bicycles.

There can be found in virtually any part, and it is very cheap, typically from 1 to 10 dollars, depending on the condition.

Parts come here after dismantling bicycles from the yard. Not every bike can be restored, and sometimes just does not make sense to invest in the work of some large base that will collapse after ten meters. These bikes are dismantled for parts and frames are sent to recycling.

With a bicycle shoot almost everyone. In the photo one of the mechanics parses the wheel to remove the hub and spokes, as the rim on one side has a dent nevypravimuyu.

But there are also bicycles, which fall into a special part of our club - in the window.

Bicycles, trapped here, 100% ready for the trip. Prices for bikes very pleasant look, you can find a reliable bike brands (Norco, Apollo, less Kuwahara, Kona) for 100-150 dollars in top condition, bicycles easier sold from 20 to 100 dollars. Such prices are due to the policy of the club.

The club is ready to give out bikes for free, but you need to have the finances to pay for the rent of the garage and buy new parts, such as tires.

In general, it is such kladovochku.

omimo all this EBC advocates for the rights of cyclists. Due to EBC now all buses are equipped with Edmonton roof rack for bicycles, as is constantly campaign for building new bicycle paths. EBC often organizes courses for training engineers and training for cyclists.

And finally, to show that sometimes we are presented with a very unusual and high-quality bicycles ...

Ron Cooper - a Van Gogh velosipedostroeniya, so this bike is like a masterpiece of classical art.

That's all.
Since you have been Alex Klin (DarkBeerman), a successful arrival!

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting