Lush flowering guaranteed. Just put the Orchid in this capacity...

Recently I acquired an Orchid that did not want to settle down in a regular plastic pot. It later turned out that the roots of Phalaenopsis have been very sensitive to excess moisture in the tank: gradually, they began to rot.

After searching all the forums of flower growers, I came across an unusual tip: repot the Orchid in a wooden basket. I decided to do an experiment, and it proved to be very successful! Shortly after transplant my Orchid threw a large flower stalk, which has a lot of buds.

Transplant orchids in a basket is a great compromise between a plastic pot and a block. Basket provides easy access of air to the roots and prevents their decay. To transplant green beauty in the basket, follow this simple scheme!

Transplant orchids in the home условиях

You need
  • wooden or bamboo basket
  • sphagnum moss
  • crust (large and small fractions)

1. Put moss on the bottom and on the walls of the basket.

2. Put a layer of large bark on the bottom of the basket.

3. Place the plant in the basket and fill it smaller bark.

4. Put a final layer of sphagnum.

This basket will look more decorative than plain plastic pot. I prefer to hang it on fishing line from the ceiling, this allows you to save precious space on the windowsill. A basket will be preferable for those types of orchids, which allowed the stems down through the thickness of the substrate (Stanhope, corientes, Dracula).

If your friends are fans of this plant as an Orchid, be sure to share with them the article!

The author

Victoria Poplavskaya Believes that art knows no rest! Enjoys drawing, used to look at life with a painter's eye. Cleaning the house and cooking finds work, a pleasure after all to any business can be creative! Loves unorthodox methods of solving problems. Favorite book Victoria — "Three comrades" E. M. Remarque.

Tags

See also

New and interesting