Maturity has nothing to do with age

Let me tell you a paradox: every innocent child Mature. Maturity has nothing to do with age, because it has nothing to do with experience. Maturity is related to sensitivity, the freshness, chastity, innocence. So when I say "maturity", I don't mean that by becoming more experienced, you become more Mature. This is what people usually mean when using this word.

I have something else in mind. The more you know, the more immature will become your mind. And when you turn seventy or eighty years, you will be completely immature because you act late last.

Igor Morski

Watch a small child knowing nothing, children can learn more than aged people. Psychologists say that if the child is not forced to learn, not be forced to do, then he is able for three months to learn any foreign language. Leave him alone with native speakers, and three months later the child talks.

But if you're going to force him, it will take almost three years, because the more you make, the more he begins to act from what he had learned, from yesterday's knowledge. If he is left alone, it develops freely, spontaneously; learning it is easy, by itself, automatically.

To eight years the child learns about seventy percent of all the information that he will learn in his entire life. He can live eighty years, but for eight years he learned seventy percent of he was to learn only thirty percent, and every day his ability to acquire knowledge is becoming less and less.

The more he knows, the less he learns.When people use the word "maturity", they mean a lot of knowledge; when I use the word "maturity", I mean the ability to learn is not to know but to learn. It's different, totally different, diametrically opposite things.

Knowledge is dead. The ability to learn is a living process: you simply remain capable of learning, access and remain till open, you are willing to accept. Teaching is a susceptibility. Knowledge makes you less receptive because you start to think that everyone already knows: what to teach? When you already know everything, you lose a lot when you do not know, you can't miss.

Having lived to old age, Socrates said, "I know that I know nothing!" It's maturity. At the very end of his life he said, "I know nothing!"

The more you live, the more homeless

I know what it means to love yourself

Life is immense. How can this puny mind to know everything? A small glimmer is enough, even this is too much. The existence of the immeasurable, boundless, without beginning and without end — how can this tiny drop of consciousness know it? Already quite a few glimpses, a few open doors, a few random points of contact with existence. But these things cannot be turned into knowledge.published

©Osho

Source: /users/15106

Tags

See also

New and interesting