The artist turned an ordinary Barbie into a true symbol of femininity

The name Barbie has long been a household word: for many people, it is associated with unattainable standards of beauty, pink clothes and a complete lack of similarity with real women. The website found for you dolls which completely refute this stereotype.

Australian artist and part-time mother of two children, Betty Strachan (Strachan Betty) decided to make Barbie a total reboot, making it close to millions of women from around the world.

In my series of toys called "Barbie mom from all over the world" (Mamas Worldwide Barbie), she portrayed the well-known doll breastfeeding. According to the artist, it was inspired by mothers from local support groups, which it is a member.

Lactating Barbie has been offered for sale in the online store Etsy.com and got very good response from the buyers. By the way, you can also find other creations Strachan, for example a pregnant doll.

Betty herself hopes that her toys will help children to learn about the responsibilities and challenges of motherhood.

"I had a lot of letters with requests to make a new Barbie, and then I realized that the doll, like my, should be available to all. We must show the children that the society for one reason or another considers unacceptable. This is the best way to remove all taboos", — said the artist edition of the Huffington Post.

Source The Huffington Post
Photos on the preview allthelittledolls/ Instagram.com

See also
New Barbie dolls similar to ordinary women conquered the world
To hell with Barbie when there are such dolls
Barbie with the figure of an ordinary woman

via www.adme.ru/tvorchestvo-hudozhniki/barbi-s-figuroj-obychnoj-zhenschiny-522605/

Tags

See also

New and interesting