A simple way to speed up the gathering of the children in the morning

When people ask me: "Heavy if you had work?" – every time I think "After every morning, I harvested three children in a kindergarten and school, every job seems easy".

I have three children of different ages: son 14, daughters 9 and 5. Every morning for me is the most important task is to collect and time to take out of the house to his team in the school, daycare, myself to work and time to be in places where we should be: at 8.15 the older children in the school, at 8.30 am the youngest daughter in the garden at 9: 00 – I'm at work.

Now, when we came up with a recipe for effective charges, this task seems very complex, but a couple of years ago it was less optimistic. And in that moment when I "arrived" at work, I thought I just unloaded one car of sandbags.

I want to tell you that we came up with below and your morning task ceased to be quite a challenge, and the decision of compulsory questions turned into an exciting game.

So, each of us (four of us) need each morning to do a number of things: to stand up out of bed (most difficult), to wash, to comb, to make the bed, have Breakfast, get dressed, remove the phone from the charger and not to forget to put it in the bag, etc.

Of difficulty for our family in this process is obvious.

FIRST, we lined up in the bathroom, what to do – the bathroom in our apartment alone!

SECOND, children under a certain age with great difficulty kept in memory the sequence of actions that they need to do. They forget things, get confused, ask a lot of questions or just hanging out at idle that slows the whole process.

Thirdly, we all depend on each other and if one of us is super-fast and super-efficient, this does not mean that he will arrive at the destination in time, because it is one to slow down, and we'll all be late.

In those days, when I had only one child, we solved the problem very simple – we with the son have come up with what animal are quick and quiet – he decided that Cheetah, and played in the morning, Cheetah. Now we have a whole team, i.e. a pack of cheetahs, and every flock, even if it is fast and quiet cheetahs need to focus in one direction!

FOURTH, children can't agree among themselves, so any kind of haste leads to conflicts, after all we don't want to start the day with irritation, and sometimes tears.

Interestingly, the first idea that comes to mind as able to resolve all difficulties, is to increase the time fees – not working. Checked: get up early, the efficiency is not increased. You know the saying: "work takes up as much time as it is given"? Besides, an earlier rise complicates the process of training in emotional terms: we all sleep less so irritated easier with a daily load for each of us to cope more difficult.

And that's what we invented and did.

STEP 1. First I copied all the actions that each of us has to make in the morning before we leave the house. Of course, between us there is a slight difference in the morning, but the bulk of the concerns are the same. To be honest, at first I tried to get this sequence of actions from the children – could not. Apparently, not so much as me, took the optimization problem and facilitate the process of the morning fees.

STEP 2. I drew small pictures illustrating each of our actions. You'd probably find pictures on the Internet or children's books, but I decided that she is able to illustrate a toothbrush, a bowl of porridge, a hairbrush, mobile phone. Then – I made 4 copies of these pictures that each of us has a set of cards.

STEP 3. The kids and I together made 4 sets of cards-reminders. As tight fundamentals for the cards we used coloured cardboard, which is glued on the pictures with actions. Initially I had the idea that everyone will choose a color for the cardboard base. But the younger daughter suggested that we chose not only the color but also the form. So personally, I had a reminder in the form of green stars, the older son in the form of orange trapezoids, my middle daughter turned card – yellow hearts, younger – in the form of red circles.

STEP 4. We found a suitable box with a lid to store our reminders. And agreed to the rules of the game.

STEP 5. We began to play. The game begins with the fact that, jumping out of bed in the morning, I lay on the kitchen table all of our pictures, box store is empty. And then performing the desired action in almost any sequence, each participant of the game, making something from the list, finds the card for the event, and puts it in a box storage. We are ready to leave home, when all our cards are in the box under the hood!

I want to note that I am against competition between children. I want my children to understand and appreciate the individuality and uniqueness of each of us and not felt the urge to compare yourself with others, especially loved ones. I keep telling the children that their achievements in life is their movement forward in comparison with oneself, not with others.

Yesterday you were going to school for an hour today – 55 minutes! Progress! Yay! Well done!

So the morning of the task in any case didn't sound like a competition – who first! Just each of us needed as quickly as possible to perform all actions.

And what is the result?

1. We're going faster than before! And we leave on time!

2. We're not fighting over resources, for example, because of the bath: the bathroom is occupied, run to do the next action, and all action – here they are, before my eyes!

3. Everyone sees and knows that he has yet to commit.

4. We do not forget tickets and mobile phones!

5. Making their case, we are helping someone who needs it.

6. We go out with a smile!

7. The youngest daughter offered to make the same cards for an evening wrap!

Author: Marianna Lukashenko

Also interesting: 7 oral games, developing thinking

How to teach a child to dress independently

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Source: oksanapristav.ru/%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%B8%D0%BD-%D1%81%D0%BF%D0%BE%D1%81%D0%BE%D0%B1-%D1%83%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%82%D1%8C-%D1%81%D0%B1%D0%BE%D1%80%D1%8B-%D0%B4%D0%B5%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%B9-%D0%BF%D0%BE-%D1%83%D1%82/#more-200

Tags

See also

New and interesting