The mathematics teacher explained how to learn the multiplication table quickly and without nerves

How to learn the multiplication table, not taking away from the children a lot of time? The website publishes a wonderful method from the school teacher Catherine Cucina. You probably have heard the opinion that the level of math education is falling.

When my children were in second grade, I clearly understand, why falling of the level of mathematical education at school. It was in the second grade, when laying the Foundation of mathematical education, there is such a huge irreparable hole.

The main problem is in the multiplication table. Look at the notebook in a cage that is at your kids school.

I went shopping in search of notebooks. And still there was this picture:

Image source: Kukina-kat.livejournal.somest notebook even worse (for seniors) on which the multiplication tables, but there is a bunch of meaningless formulas.

So what is the book bad? The unsuspecting parent sees that notebook multiplication table. Like all life on notebooks was multiplication table. What is not so?

And the problem is just that the notebook is NOT a multiplication table.

The multiplication table, my dear readers, is this:

Differently it is called "table of Pythagoras".

The top and left column can not take it, just a basic rectangle.

First, it is a table. Secondly, it is interesting!

No child will be considered discharged columns examples.

No child will be able to find examples written in a very interesting and complex patterns.

And in General, when a teacher says: "Learn the multiplication table," and the child, even in front of a table does not see, he soon realizes that mathematics is a science, where ordinary things are named differently and have lots to learn, and to understand nothing is impossible.

What table is better?
  • First, there is no debris and the noise in the left side of the examples.
  • Secondly, it is possible to think. Even here it is not written anywhere that this multiplication is a simple table.
  • Third, if she is constantly at hand and the child she constantly stumbles, he Willy-nilly begins to remember these numbers. In particular, the question "family of eight" he never says "55" because of the number 55 at all in the table and there was not!
Remember the columns of examples can only children with abnormal memory. In the "table" we need to remember a lot less.

In addition, the child machine searches for patterns. And he alone finds them. These patterns are even children, not yet able to multiply.

For example: numbers, symmetric about the diagonal, are equal.

The human brain is just configured to look for symmetry, and if it finds and sees, is very happy. What does this mean? This means that the permutation of places factors work does not change.

You know, the baby notices it himself! And the fact that the man invented himself, he will remember forever, unlike what he had jagged or, he said.

via factroom.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting