The BMW i3 has become the best environmentally friendly car of the year

Bridgestone Corporation, the manufacturer of spare parts and tyres for cars of all models, ranked as the best green car of the year. Because to participate could only a new car, first place went to the BMW i3.

Tesla Model S, Nissan LEAF and Chevy Volt were not involved in this correspondence competition, they have become the winners of this rating earlier, according to TreeHugger.

The BMW i3 accelerates to 100 kilometers per hour in 7 seconds solely on electric propulsion. This car was created entirely as a electric car and some of its parts are made from recycled plastic bottles. The cost of the machine is $41,350.

The grading was attended not only the leaders of Bridgestone, but the editors of automotive media Autocar, PopularMechanics.com, GreenCarReports.com and others from Japan, Germany, the UK and the USA. In the final, besides the already known winners, they have brought the Audi A3 Sportback g-tron and Volkswagen XL1. BMW, in their words, won thanks to its unique bold design and high energy efficiency, as well as the body safe from carbon and the navigation system with the service "the last kilometer".

Source: energysafe.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting