Toxic and pseudo-good thoughts

In any popular psychological book you will find the Council that the basis of healthy psychological state good positive thoughts. Bad thoughts are destroying our health and not only mental. Keeping yourself in good mental shape is hygiene. About it quite a lot, but essentially, the industry remains a "spherical horse in a vacuum". Especially in Russia. We have bad many negative thoughts are treated as "critical" and "nichomachean" thinking. It is believed that if you're good, then you're just in a life misunderstood something.And when you see what's around the flow of sewage, that's what you saw. Welcome to the reality. Some so addicted to the filth... it is Not possible for the people to prove that it is not useful in General. Especially when a purely found a piece of ...this ... and that satisfaction vzdohnut and went in search of a new piece.

You know, there's a habit to feel bad about anything that causes fear or any negativity. This style of thinking is called toxic. A person is constantly negative thoughts about yourself, about the world, about others. All the bastards-thieves-rogues, the planet will soon die and I do not represent themselves.

A lot of people have this style of thinking, although at first glance it is not rational. In fact sometimes thinking of that all the negativity the brain spends most of the day. There is in it a certain meaning. Negative thoughts in a sense helpful, because they are, in fact, the way to prevent trouble or solve the problem. Our body maintains this trend of thinking. Ie, if the individual thinks is bad, and will develop a scheme as "bad" to be avoided, the individual receives for his work dopamine candy.

Dopamine candy but the point is that it's easy to get carried away. So alone come up with all sorts of passions about yourself and others and enjoy the dopamine. And many this process is highly addictive. Then it does not matter to the brain whether the danger is real or is she just from a head invented, and that people there decided to "be saved." To hide, to freeze in horror, kill neighbors what hinder to sleep – for the brain all the same. On you way, dopamine.

But dopamine is not only for pleasure, but also the memory needed. All you scared and got for it, immediately sent into the tank long-term memory. Moreover, if you really were scared... ie itself so you afraid of, your amygdala all your terrible notion gave the accelerator a kick and trampled this information in the same memory storage.

Now imagine that person, just negative saves, and chews, literally up to the top your memory fills up negative feelings that to forget will not allow the amygdala, regarding them as vital information.

This is what I am. They say man, you are smart-talented-promising. And he's bulging in indignation eyes said: "come on! I've always been a stupid - hopeless-mediocrity. What do I say stupidity! Well I know better" And that is because to argue will, no, like, I'm the worst. And I feel that the person is not drawn, no attention is attracted. That's all he knows about himself, all than him memory.

But there are people who currently earn a very large dopamine candy. Ie when they thought habitually something bad, they use some kind of strategy thinking, after which they are strongly and pleasantly let go. This strategy is kind of a trick, which is really to anything productive, except to the dopamine does not.

It is thought that

- make us feel needed, important, right, when we care, caution, work for others, correct and improve others

— make us feel good because we are "better than". I.e. we concentrate on that. what we are good at and what others are bad.

— release us from responsibility for what we do not change, do not grow on themselves, not fighting with bad habits, we allow ourselves to behave inappropriately ( e.g. insulting someone)

— give us a false sense of intimacy, when we gossip, slander someone

— give us the opportunity to whine and point fingers

keep us in resentment, anger, frustration, which with readiness are considered from all sides, again and again, and have no tendency to attenuation or solution.

More specific examples of such thoughts and sayings:

1. Carping and complaining ( "He\she did it again, well when will it end")

2. Charges

3. Gossip

4. Lock connection ( "I don't have to tell her about what happened, because she'll get upset")

5. The salvation of others ( " She doesn't understand that it's better for her. First, we will do one and then another)

6. Victim playing

7. The excuses ( " I do\don't do, just because...but if it were... then conditional I could ... but until then)

This so-called "pseudo-good thoughts". They do produce a calming effect, but in fact do not lead to a solution. In principle, a person can use in a single variant ( the first step), when, after a dopamine reward, he still sit and think what to do really with this problem. Present pathology they become, when after the feeling of relief the person ceases to move toward resolution of the situation.

For example, a terrible situation, my husband cheated with a friend. That in the mind of the betrayed wife :

"My husband a goat, girlfriend - bitch,"

"I'd never do that, because I'm better"

"children should not know, because they can't take this"

"I was a victim, they insulted, wronged, abused my feelings"

"tell everybody what her husband was an idiot, and ex-girlfriend bitch"

In General, though, the flow of these thoughts and does not lead to the solution as such, but it may give temporary comfort, then to decide what to do next. Although let me remind you that the uselessness of all this misletoe added that he firmly absorbed in memory. And then the most important thing is not to resist the temptation to continue and to repeat these strategies over the years.

Moreover, man, he's a very creative creation and begins to decorate his thoughts all sorts of additional gadgets. For example, generalization: "All men are bastards", "I always lie", " Girlfriend in the house — a potential seducer of her husband," etc.

Gradually the person finds the thoughts your inexhaustible flow of dopamine. His whole being already directed to search for cases, people who would allow him to feed on. Interpretered events only in one key. And although, in fact, could be the dopamine to a more simple way, for example, to experience the fun of a relationship, friendship, love, communicate directly ( i.e., and love me well), the brain have worn these winding and circuitous paths to getting dopamine. And even if you have to find true love and relationship, the brain will function through fears, grudges, trick, accusations, suspicions, etc. Habit!

So the more you indulge in toxic thinking and pseudo-good thoughts, the more you strengthen these neural connections. The brain at that time destroys the bonds that gave you feel good more normal way. I.e., the habit of toxic thinking cuts you from a more positive perception of the world.

Well, the hygiene... it's just about the fact that that what you have going on in my head need to follow. To bring everything in order, track psevdohoroshy and toxic thoughts, and more. Not to allow them to strengthen their ties. Through a small business, if you stop using these strategies, the brain will cease to strengthen them, and then completely disassemble for parts. Will use more simple and short.

Natalia Stilson

источник:karpachoff.com

Source: /users/1077

Tags

See also

New and interesting