6 phrases that insult the interlocutor

Do you consider yourself tolerant and peaceful person, but, it seems that the surrounding does not agree with you. How else to explain the fact that you often take offense and say, "You have insulted me!"?

Rudeness – it, too, is different. Ordinary, not burdened by intellect ham call names, obscene words, or simply says that, well, everybody else is stupid. Cham cultural knows how to covertly offend the person that like and nothing to complain about, but still – it's a shame!

If you are a person cultured and educated, but at the same time a low opinion of your interlocutor, you have plenty of ways for him to get nasty, saying seemingly innocuous phrase. Test yourself: how often do you use the following techniques in speech. If Yes, then the opinion of others about you as a person does makes sense!

To say the obvious thing: "did You know that the Earth is round?" To show man that he is a fool, you can taken aback by some phrase such as: "are you aware that people no longer live in caves?" or: "in fact, in the last century came up with e-mail, did you hear that?" With these words, you sort of implying that your interlocutor is so stupid and uneducated that he did not know the obvious.

— Criticism of abstract identity: "Olga also wore short skirts. And ran into trouble." Want to hurt his interlocutor, but so that he did not have particular reasons to be offended? For example, say to the man who smokes like a chimney. Then you certainly apply a turn: "One of my friends Sasha smokes constantly, since his wife complained that due to Smoking he has become impotent!" This turnover ensures the interlocutor damaged nerves!

— Unsolicited advice: "You need to do this..." People don't like when people pry into their Affairs without their knowledge. But if you give advice preachy tone that implies that your interlocutor is not adequately perceive the situation, then, of course, it is insulting.

Criticism interests and Hobbies: "this game is played with only morons." Their hobby any person perceives as part of his personality as something of value that is unique to him. And if you speak unflattering about the needlework a friend who knits all day doormat, it really offends her.

— An explanation of his words: "It was a joke, you understand?" As a rule, people know when you're really serious, and when you're joking. Sometimes people telling about something, added: "All I said because...", "I want to emphasize..." If you focus attention on the nature of their words, as it implies that man is so stupid that he is unable to understand the meaning of your words.

— Disregard for the professional: "Well, me and your advice will not help".If you say this phrase doctor, financier or lawyer after he expressed to you my professional opinion, this is his great catch. In the end, he has a diploma, and you don't! But your words hint to him that he was not versed in their profession.published

P. S. And remember, just changing your mind - together we change the world! ©

Source: dom.goodhouse.com.ua

Tags

See also

New and interesting