Denis Cleaning: how cleaning to turn into a tech business

Having worked in regional administration seven years, Dennis Mazur at some point decided to change life and become an entrepreneur. About looking for clients and what is new is bringing to business as usual, he told the portal Circuit.ru.
In 2005, I graduated from the Siberian state geodetic Academy. Almost immediately after the release I managed to get a job with a degree: I was engaged in the land business in one of the district councils of the city. But after seven years I got bored. The profession was not creative, and all my attempts to optimize perceived hostility. But duty often had to deal with local entrepreneurs. Just from them I first heard about the problem cleaning areas. Search of janitors, high turnover of staff in this segment, the shortage of personnel brought local businessmen a lot of problems. Many said: "If there was a company providing service on cleaning of territories "turnkey", we'd love to use this service". I remember that summer of 2012 decided to implement the idea.

The right niche

The dismissal coincided with the start of a business. My first customers were those most familiar to entrepreneurs. Therefore, the Cleaning business Denis was initially profitable.

I still think that a business should start when you already have clients. If I started from scratch, we would have spent a lot of time and effort to the formation of customer database, cold calls, especially as I have never had such an experience in sales.

To choose the right niche, I have studied the business directory 2GIS. On request "cleaning" I found 200 companies, including major Federal. Decided that to compete with bison me not under force, therefore, focused only on cleaning of territories. This in the city no one did.

With the support of the first clients, I began to expand. Came to nearby facilities — shops, pharmacies, banks, and offered their services. It is much easier to attract customers when they see the results of your work. I also decided to use non-standard solutions: asked administration for a list of companies to which government agencies have a claim on the cleanliness of the adjacent territory, called them, offered their services, and as a result has found few customers.

After launching the website we started to learn Internet marketing. First tried SEO-promotion, but the figures have not impressed. But we are well set up contextual advertising on "Yandex" and Google. Recently I decided to experiment: added to the list of keywords the phrase "mowing the grass", has concluded two contracts for this service, including the mowing of an entire football field.

The main increase in clients is October-December. In summer, some owners prefer to remove the site themselves. But winter is another matter. Snow removal in the cold — not a pleasant occupation. Here is where we come in.

Two years ago Denis momentum Cleaning in the month was 30 000 — 40 000 RUB, now they have grown in 10 times — to 300 000 — 400 000 RUB And this is not the limit. I expect to increase 5-10 times a year! In General, customers pay a monthly fee. In the summer I sign 1-2 new contract every month, in winter 5-6. The final cost depends on area cleaning: the average is 10-40 rubles per sq m per month. For example, the area of 100 squares Denis Cleaning removes over 4000 RUB.

Mostly our clients are private business. To the government we only look. In my opinion, there are greatly reduced prices, there are always problems with the acceptance of works, payment of services is delayed. And work with the business easier for entrepreneurs to find a common language with another entrepreneur easier than with official. But in the summer, while a small load, we actively monitor auction.

The devil is in the details

When my company first came out, many asked, what is the essence of my business: "You have found the wipers and control them now?" It seemed that anyone can do the same: find two or three employees and to force them to clean areas. I wanted to create a technology company, even in a simple niche.

Long calculated the economy: is it better to replace the manual work mechanically? And in the end decided to buy equipment, mainly garden equipment. I suspect that nobody but us uses garden machines for professional purposes.

We have invested in machines 250 000 RUB current assets. The most expensive purchase — snow plow apparatus 100, 000.

Still, in the services sector the main people. We now have 15 employees who work mostly part-time.

From demand to offer

In Novosibirsk for all street objects presented strict requirement — to 8:00 they should all be removed. We had two ways to establish the production process: either one team per night removes all of the objects, or the staff member is assigned a specific neighborhood, where he brings order to multiple client locations. We chose the second scheme, so that now the Cleaning staff Denis work from 4:00 to 9:00, then go about their business.

The purity and quality of work of the employee is controlled by the administrators. Every day they go to all the client points and makes an assessment of "traffic lights": red — the employee has not reached the object, and the yellow spent cleaning medium, green — all fine. Data are entered into a Google Docs spreadsheet. By the end of the month we have Analytics employees worked, looked like the objects during the month. At first we thought about just hang a webcam, but realized that without personal control is still not enough, and refused from this idea.

We started with cleaning service site, and six months later started to snow. Now our customers constantly give us new jobs: someone we planted grass, someone was mowing the green areas, ask someone to mow the grass, someone to wash the facade. All these requests for us — an opportunity to introduce a range of new services and to find them new customers.

Now we are actively looking to cleaning houses. In this direction has its own specifics: the requirements tougher, the permeability of the more. It is generally very difficult job, and we already had sad experience in this field. So we decided to work at home with the appropriate customers. But the niche is very promising: in Novosibirsk 15 000 houses, and Denis Cleaning can cover all at once. published

Author: Maria Ostroumova

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! © Join us at Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: vk.com/feed?w=wall-34598021_68362

Tags

See also

New and interesting