How to make traditional Bashkir will bortey

I had a dream to keep bees in the deck...

That brought me firewood local men felled a sticky with a hollow. Apparently there are bees once lived, then someone cut down, destroyed the nest.

The barrel was cut so that 2 decks left. I did them by type Bashkir Borta.

Bort is the home of the bees, arranged inside living wood (hollowed or manually arranged in the hollow). Deck – the house edge in the form of volume of the housing.

I caving was not necessary, because the log was already hollow (the hollow). I made the top cover double-layer, insulated with moss, put 2 layers of roofing material.

Lower cover Board 25 mm.

Along the log side is arranged DOLGAYA (slot service Board/deck and seizure med). Dolgaya also closed with a lid, a composite of two halves. The fall and winter of the lower part Dolgii you can open and use for selection of the comb with honey from the bottom of the deck.

I repeat: this deck is made in the style of traditional Bashkir bortey, these decks in the people was called a LOG. Scheme (drawings) bumpers attached.

Unlike bumpers, which live wood perfectly absorbs excess moisture resulting from the respiration of the bees in the deck is necessary to arrange good ventilation, i.e. the need to make additional holes for ventilation!

These decks began to appear, when in Bashkiria began to cut down forests in the 18th and 19th century, and locals to crowd out the forests. Then they cut down his Board and put them out on the meadows or near the house. In 1900, about 85-90% of all bee colonies in Bashkiria lived in Frameless packs and borth! And that means that the honey was completely different – in wax comb, sealed. published

author: albert Ibatullin

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! © Join us at Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: vk.com/jivadom?w=wall-37260386_4163

Tags

See also

New and interesting