Larry king: 25 excellent techniques to be persuasive

Outstanding TV journalist Larry king is known for that took many interviews from the world of celebrities, his questions are always very sharp, in most cases, he does not spare the live of his companions. His authority is great, and many of the television dreaming of the journalist of this scale.And here is his 25 receptions, to speak convincingly

1. Say "I recommend You" instead of "You should".
eg. "I advise You to trust me" "I recommend You think it over" "I advise You to make a decision as soon as possible".

The words "shall" and "should" You are putting the interlocutor pressure and take away his opportunity to make a decision. "I recommend You" sounds much more friendly and positive.

2. Say "and" instead of "however".
eg. "I understand that You can't answer that fast, so let's..."
instead of: "I understand that You can't answer right now, but it would be better..."

Because "yet" tells the person that You are deeply indifferent to his wishes, expectations, doubts or questions.

3. Use the word "for" instead of the word "against."
eg. "In order that something has changed, I'll be in the sports section".
instead of "What would I have to come up against boredom?"

4. Avoid rough "no"because "no" uttered with appropriate intonation, can produce a very negative impression on partner.

5. Strike out the phrase "honest" from your vocabulary, because it sounds like honesty for You is an exception.

6. Say "not" instead of "no."
eg. "not so" or "not now." "In this form I don't like it". "At the moment I have no time for this"
instead of "No, I don't like it" "No, I don't have time".

Because "no" repels. "No" is something completed and finally resolved.

7. Change the angle of view, using the word "already" instead of the word "still".
eg. "You have already done half"
instead of "You made only half?"

Because the word "already" makes little to a lot.

8. Forget the words "only" and "just" or replace them with others.
eg. "This is my opinion" "this Is my idea"
instead of "I'm just saying my opinion" "This is just such an idea".

Cross out the "just" and "only".

9. Remove the word "wrong." Better ask a clarifying question and show the person that you are also trying to solve the problem.
eg. "This has not happened as it should. Let's think how to correct the error or avoid it in the future"
instead of "Incorrectly! It is only your fault."

10. Say "in" and "for all" instead of "somewhere" and "around". Accurately assign the date and time.
eg. "I'll call you on Friday" "I'll call You tomorrow at 11"
instead of "I'll call at the end of the week" "I'll call tomorrow around 11".

11. Ask open-ended questions. Don't settle for monosyllabic answers "Yes" or "no".
eg. "How do You like it?" "When can I call You back?"
instead of "You liked it?" "Will call You back".

Because the questions with "How", "What" or "Who"... produce valuable information.

12. Use the expression "From this moment I..." instead of "If I...".
eg. "From this moment I will carefully listen to the advice"
instead of "If I took that advice. Then this would have happened."

Because "If I..." regrets that passed, and rarely helps to move on. It is better to see in the future. The phrase "From now on, I..." — a good basis for such a position.

13. Stop trying to wriggle out using the "ought" and "ought".
Better: "it is Important to do this job in the first place"
instead of "Have to think about it" "we Need to first finish this work."

"Ought" and "ought" not saying anything specific. It is better to clearly name (or something) about whom or what You're talking about ("I" "you" "You" "we").
Eg. "You need to get this done" "You should give priority to this work"

14. Say "I do" or "I would like" instead of "I should".
eg. "I'd like to think a little" "I will first gather the necessary information"
instead of "I must first think a little" "I should collect information".

"I have to" is associated with coercion, pressure or external definition. Everything You do with this setting, You do not volunteer. "I will do" or "I would like" sounds for other much more positive, more friendly and motivated.

15. Strike out the words "actually" and "actually" from your vocabulary.
eg. "That's right"
instead of "Well, it's right."

"Generally" does not contain any information and is perceived as a limitation.

16. Say "and" instead of "but".
eg. "It is you You have done well, and if You..."
instead of — "Yes, that's good, but You have to..."

Because "but" negates everything that was said before him.

17. Use also alternatives to "I advise You", such as "I beg You" and "I".
eg. "I ask You to make a decision as soon as possible" "I am grateful to You, if You trust me"
instead of "You have to make a decision as soon as possible" "You have to trust me."

"I beg You" and "I thank You" is very easy to say, and they make a miracle.

18. Refrain from all forms of negation; it is better to speak positively.
eg. "It will be OK" "This is a really good idea" "It is easy for me"
instead of "This is not a problem for me" "the Idea is really good" "It would be easy for me."

In the negatives, You go a long way. It's too hard and can cause unpleasant associations. Speak directly and positively.

19. Avoid other typical forms with "no".
eg. "Please don't misunderstand me" "Please think about...!" "Please follow....!"
instead of "Please do not misunderstand me." "Please do not forget that....!" "Let's not lose sight of that!".

Such negative expression turns into a positive. Okay, say what You want. Build on the most all the attention on the desired goal.

20. Use the "motivating negations".
eg. "What You said is not correct" "Then I with You do not agree"
instead of "what You said is wrong" "I need You to argue".

Motivating denial makes sense in situations where You need to tell another person something unpleasant or completely reject his assumption. It is important that You represented his opinion and told the truth. With motivating denial can You say it more politely. You focus attention on the target.

21. Prefer the exact concepts instead of non-specific verbs "do", "work" and "to do".
eg. "We have not yet taken a decision on...." "I just read Protocol" "the Present situation is that..."
instead of "We're not yet able to understand" "I'm working with Protocol" "we're doing everything We can."

Non-specific verbs leave too much freedom for interpretation.

22. Ask questions with "when" and "how" instead of those that can only answer "Yes" or "no".
eg. "When will You be able to help me....?" "When can we meet?"
"When can I talk to You?"

In response to the question of "whether" we will get a reaction only in the form of "Yes" or "no". When You can count on results — remains open. So don't ask, maybe "if" someone or something, and prodemonstriruet its positive expectation using "when" and "how".

23. Connect the other using "You" and "we", instead of constantly put yourself in the spotlight with "I".
eg. "You see now, what's the matter" "Please give me Your address" "Now we'll see"
instead of "Now I'll show you what's the matter" "I still need Your address" "Now I will explain it to You".

If You are all the time talking in the first person, You are putting forward themselves and their actions. The use of "You" and "we" brings together and focuses on the interlocutor, too.

24. Strike out of your vocabulary "never", "every", "all", "always" and instead be specific.
eg. "I will help!" "You are the second a week late" "... and... jealous of my success"
instead of "Never nobody's helping me" "You're always late" "They're all jealous of my success."

Remove generalizations. Think about "what" exactly happened "who" "when" it happened. Clearly label your purpose. Generalization create a negative present and limit opportunities in the future.

25. Get the reaction of the interlocutor with the help of semi-open questions.
eg. "How much You liked it?" "What other questions are on Your part essentially said?
instead of "How do You like it?" "How do You like my idea?" "Do You have any more questions?" published

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Join us in Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: facebook.com/parapsychologys/posts/738035972962990:0

Tags

See also

New and interesting