Allow the child to be bored

Every summer I am reminded of the necessity and importance of a slow education. My children were busy timetable and regime for the whole school year, and when we lasted ten weeks, I can hardly resist to the temptation to record them in extracurricular classes. On the one hand, it would allow them to preserve schedule, but it will chain us chain to the house schedule, limit our movement, and pay for these classes, already committed, will put pressure on commitment.

That's why I chose a slow education. The term was coined as a contrast to "hyperphosphatemia", so popular now in the US (North America) — when parents raise children in an atmosphere of constant employment, writing them for all possible classes, groups and courses, exposing them in front of a huge number of ways and paths to self-realization.

The intensity of training is compounded by the fact that failures and low performance is greatly upset family members. Assumes that children have a more powerful motivation, but it seems to me that the pace is faster in children "burns" motivation-in the future, there is a glut.

This is not the summer that I want for my children. I want their days were empty, apathetic stretched before them, filled only with the potential of their imagination. Boredom is not a bad thing, I wish they filled it. It will open a space for reflection of thoughts and desires, issues and inventions, relaxation, spontaneity. It teaches them autonomy, independence and helps you to find entertainment for themselves from the void.

I will always be there, doing their own business in the background, endlessly through her career and her flexible schedule, which allows me to house and adhere to the following principles:

1. Let the child take the lead.

Children know what they want and, as a rule, requires a lot of effort to keep the interest to the lesson. So, walk in the forest for them is not so much a measure of distance, how much search and looking at leaves, twigs and bugs.

I will strive to pay attention to their desires and interests, and follow their pace. We can create a list of goals and achievements that they would like to do this summer. We will build a tree house, go camping, watch the stars or go to choose fruit. But I will make every effort to list was simple and did not strain the binding.

2. Open space — parks, forests and streets.

Intense fatigue faster is formed in a closed room, the children are torn everywhere, make noise, spread the world and constantly have something to do. On the street, outside the closed walls of the house, all the better. They are calmer, distracted, and know how to entertain themselves. Do they play, read or ride a bike, lay in a hammock or have a picnic — we will strive to spend more time on the street. And plus to this is the fact that the street children are much quicker to spend their strength, not exhausting yourself mentally, and sleep in the evening it is much easier.

3. To attend events and distant places.

It is very important to get out of the house somewhere, not even having a specific plan of action. This can be a drive, bike ride — anything that comes to mind, just to find adventure, to escape from the routine and remember this event.

One of my favorite things is to go to the nearest small town, which is a combined tour and delicious ice cream.

4. Meet people.

People are the most perfect entertainment for all. For children is very important to contact with other people, whether it is a casual conversation in the Park, playing on the beach or guests in the house.

Human relationships provide an important Foundation for children, giving them confidence in future dialogues, generate curiosity towards other people's lives, making compassionate.

5. Create time and space for yourself.

Summer will not be successful if I don't do my daily work, which shows children that the border is still there, as my time for work or sleep. These borders allow us to cultivate children's sanity and responsibility, while the permanent seat of the house or busy schedule, with no distractions can easily destroy it.

Also interesting: a Very good simple practice for parents

6 Golden rules for raising a lazy

Well, let's see how it goes. As the experience of previous holidays, the first week will be overwhelming. But suddenly we find ourselves at the end, regretting that the time spent in vain, meaningless, and we are unable to do everything... and nothing.published

Translation: Alice Lisitsina

P. S. And remember, just changing your mind — together we change the world! ©

Source: vk.com/mama_znaet_vse?w=wall-76658493_59202

Tags

See also

New and interesting