July 19 - the birthday of Vakhtang Kikabidze

July 19 - the birthday of Vakhtang Kikabidze (Soviet and Georgian singer and actor, People's Artist of Georgia) - 78 years old (in 2016)

Vakhtang Kikabidze was born July 19, 1938 in Tbilisi. In 1955 he enrolled at the University of Tbilisi, which is not finished - Kikabidze in 1959 took a job at the Tbilisi Philharmonic. In 1961-1963 years he successfully studies at the Tbilisi Institute of Foreign Languages. Development of the actor and singer Kikabidze career, went on simultaneously. His debut in the movie took place in the film N.Sanishvili "Meetings in the mountains" in 1966. The following year, an aspiring actor and singer's ensemble "Orera". His first prominent role was in the film G.Daneliya "Do not Cry", which starred Kikabidze in 1969. For this role he won a prize in the category for Best Actor International Film Festival in Cartagena in 1970. Equally successful was the actor for the film G.Shengelaya "Melodies of Vera Quarter", filmed in 1973. However, the real fame came to Kikabidze in 1977, when the screens out the famous film Danelia "Mimino", awarded the State Prize of the USSR in 1978 year. In 1984, the talented actor starred in the film "TASS is authorized to declare", a role which receives the Award of the KGB. Among recent works Kikabidze in the film - the role in "Fortune" paintings (2000), "The Queen" (2008), "Love with accent" (2012). During his career, he created a set of images, which brought him deserved fame and love of moviegoers. In addition to his film work, Kikabidze is a performer of popular songs such as "Chito Grito", "My years - my wealth" and others. He always toured extensively, visiting many countries. Kikabidze is known not only as a singer and actor. He tried his hand at directing, removing two feature-length films: "Bless you, my dear" and "Men and all the other", where he addressed and as a writer. People's Artist of Georgia - Kikabidze was awarded the Order of Honor (Georgia), the Order of Vakhtang Gorgasali III level, the Order of St. Nicholas (Ukraine), the Order of St. Constantine the Great (Russia) and other awards. He is also a laureate of many international song contests, prizes and festivals. Currently, Vakhtang Kikabidze lives and works in Tbilisi. Until now, he was loved and respected by many fans of his talent.

Tags

See also

New and interesting