"Take your Statement." Buddhist proverb

Edition Site is divided into a parable, which touched our feelings deeply. Everyone understands what it says - and the older we get, the deeper this understanding. Once the Buddha was held with his students past the village, where Buddhists live opponents. Villagers rushed out of the house, surrounded by Buddha and disciples, and began to insult them. Students also began to burn and were ready to fight back, but the presence of the Buddha acted soothingly. But the Buddha's words have led to confusion and the villagers and students.

He turned to his disciples and said:

- You disappoint me. These people are doing their job. They are angry. They think that I am an enemy of their religion, their moral values. These people have insulted me, and this is natural. But why are you angry? Why do you let these people manipulate you? You are dependent on them. Do you not free?

The villagers did not expect such a reaction. They were baffled and silenced. In the silence the Buddha turned to him:

- You said it all? If you have not said it all, you still will be able to make me what you think, when we come back.

People from the village were perplexed, they asked:

- But we offended you, why do not you angry with us

? - You - free people, and what you have done - your right. I do not react to it.

< I am a free man, too. Nothing can make me react, and no one can influence me and manipulate me. I am the master of its manifestations. My actions stem from my inner state. And now I would like to ask you a question that concerns you. Residents of the village next to your greeted me, they brought flowers, fruits and sweets. I told them: "Thank you, but we have already had breakfast. Pick the fruit with my blessing yourself. We can not carry them with you, we do not carry with them food. " Now I ask you: "What should they do with the fact that I did not take and returned them back?ยป

One man in the crowd said:

- Maybe they took it home, and at home were given fruits and sweets to their children, their families

. Buddha smiled:

- What do you do with your insults and curses? I do not accept them. If I give up the fruits and sweets, they should take them back. What can you do? < I reject your insult, so you blow your load at home and do with it whatever you want.

via pritchi.ru/id_45

Tags

See also

New and interesting