British Teacher assistant dismissed from school for these pictures

Assistant teacher from the UK named Gemma Laird was fired from the elementary school where she worked, after a student's parents found her pictures where she modeled underwear online.

According to 21-year-old Gemma, "the school did not want the students thought that to be a model - an acceptable way of life»

. Less than a week she managed to work in the first grade Bloemfontein Durham.

Laird, the mother of 4-year-old daughter Zofia, says: "After a week of work, I was summoned to the principal's office, and she said:" I really do not want to start this conversation, but apparently have »

"She sat me on a chair and said that someone came to my page on Facebook and saw that I worked as a model.

For me complained. I was told that it could damage the reputation of the school, that people will not respect the school, if they find that its employees work part time as a model.

In addition, the director said he did not want to 6-year-old pupils from childhood learns that being a model is acceptable.

I felt terrible, as if I were a prostitute. That's ridiculous. »

"When I started, I was told that I behave with children naturally. I liked it. It was hard, but I felt that I did it. »

Laird was offered a job teaching assistant with a salary of 150 pounds a week after it has passed all the interviews and bypassed several candidates.

According to her, she informed the school about the model that brought it about 120 pounds per day, and closed their accounts in social networks to outsiders. After leaving school she intends to go back to the model.

Laird, who lives with her boyfriend, former football player Alex Williams, says: "It's just not fair. I felt that I was not good enough for the job, although I'm as good as any other candidate. I wanted to turn pro and begin to build a stable career, to provide my daughter, but I have a feeling that I cut off the wings. I would like to try again to work in the field of teaching, but what if it happens again? »

According to Laird, perhaps she will submit to the school to court.

Lawyer Edward Cooper commented on the case Laird: "It's very serious. She informed about the school in advance, after which the management of "changed its mind" under the pressure of parents. " However, Cooper adds that she worked at the school long enough to be able to complain of unfair dismissal.

School Director Laura Liddell said: "The staff and interns schools must meet certain standards of behavior, including social networks, and to set a good example of the disciples»

. "Prior to our information was communicated that the photos do not meet our standards, we appeared in the social networks in the account of the new intern" - continues the director. - "Unfortunately, we had no choice but to complete our cooperation»

Loading ... Loading ...

Liked? Share with your friends!

Loading ... Loading ...

Tags

See also

New and interesting