Just drive through any road of our list is enough to spend a holiday amazing! After all, the way you can see the most beautiful places of our planet and to feel the spirit of life on wheels. Forget this place will never be. < Website published an article explaining the most stunningly beautiful roads of the world.
1. On the edge of a precipice. France VerdonBolshoy Gorge canyon, but not in the US? The rocky gorge, but not in the wilderness? How named Verdon Gorge, the fact remains - today it is the largest canyon in Europe: its length is 25 kilometers, and its depth reaches 700 meters! Although the scale of the Verdon gorge and canyon gives way to Arizona, but clearly surpasses it in beauty: in spring and summer shrubs and trees with a thick layer cover the slopes, Passo only just before the steep cliffs. To drive around the gorge in a circle, take a whole day, but here only a hundred kilometers. But they all consist entirely of curves, climbs and descents, man-made tunnels and passages under hanging over his head and hiding the sky rocks.
2. Bysoko in the mountains. Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan: Pamir traktPuteshestvennikov always attracted the place marked "most-most": the northernmost point of Europe, the westernmost point of Russia's highest mountain, the deepest depression. Pamir Highway - one of those places. After all, the most mountainous road in the territory of the former USSR.
One of the most exciting stops on the way - the largest in Tajikistan is Karakul Lake, located at an altitude of 3914 meters above sea level. Here begins a steep climb to the spurs of the large Pamir. The cliffs, gorges, tunnels, primer, dust, lack of vegetation, rare villages and flocks of sheep - so, almost Martian landscape stretches to the descent into the valley is already on the Tajik side
3.. From North to South. US: Dalton-HayveyEto Alaska, gentlemen! The harsh and seemingly malevolent edge that only trained and responsible traveler a great experience, and will open its wealth.
Share Alaska and the truth is it: the biggest state in the US is still almost spoiled by civilization, in its territory has 23 national parks and reserves (!). A few of them: "White Mountains" National Park Arctic wildlife, nature reserves on the banks of the Yukon River reserve "Gateway to the Arctic" - just passes Dalton-Highway, then lost in the flat snow-covered or covered with grasses plain, winding between the surround on all sides by wooded mountains.
4. At the home of Dracula. Romania: Transfegerashskoe shosseTransfegerash - one of the rare examples of how to set up for military purposes object becomes famous all over the world and attracts many tourists to the country. Highway 261 kilometer long runs through the picturesque valleys and fields with eared wheat that Romanians sometimes still reap hand, past lakes and reservoirs, through the lovely Romanian village with the same dark stone houses. Near the beginning of the road is a lovely town of Sibiu with the classical architecture in Romania, where, as in the Romanian language, mixed Latin, Romance and Slavic heritage.
5. The expanses of Altai. Russia: Chui traktEta old road - the first thread, connecting Russia and China many centuries ago. Continue on Chuysk - like having to cross the whole of Russia. The path begins in Biysk, with birch groves and villages, one of which was born the writer Vasily Shukshin. And in a hundred kilometers, is to pass Gorno-Altaisk, it seems as if you find yourself in the time of development of Siberia: the stormy waters of Katun, rocky gorges and green valleys. Starting mountain taiga.
You turn to the left - you will get to the Teletskoye Lake, to the right - to the magnificent Belukha, where Roerich Shambhala searched on the way to the Himalayas. And if you go straight all the time - will look Kurai steppe at the foot of North-Chuya ridge. If desired, you can drive a few kilometers and walk up to the eternal snows. The Kurai steppe meet last islands of the taiga, and already the pass begins the real steppe, where there are yurts and nomads wandering camel caravans.
6. On a visit to the trolls. Norway Atlantic dorogaAtlanticheskaya road (No 64) is almost to the ocean, jumping from island to island via bridges and tunnels. This unique technological structure: a part of the route length of only 8, 5 kilometers - as many as six bridges! Chief among them - the bridge Storseisundet, which is also called "Bridge to Heaven". If you approach it from the mainland, it seems as if the canvas route terminates at the top and the traveler can only jump straight up into the sky.
However, Atlantic road - only a part of the route to the fjords. Moving on it further in the direction of Oslo will take you to one of the most famous serpentine of Europe - to climb the mountain "Troll Ladder". Harmful trolls often halt a ladder thick fog, but this becomes even more beautiful serpentine: through the "milk" show through gray rocks and bizarre cliffs, densely covered with juicy bright green grass and moss
7.. To rise above the clouds. China: The Road vorotEta large road - one of the coolest in all senses of the world serpentines. She climbs on Mount Tianmen, which is located 8 kilometers from the city of Zhangjiajie in the southeast of China. This asphalt strip length of 11 kilometers rises to the level of 1300 meters, making the path turns 99! For the Chinese, the number 9 is sacred: it is the number of the emperor, as well as the number of palaces, which, according to legend, waiting for the person in heaven
The main attraction of the route - the cave "Heaven's Gate." It was formed in the III century, when the rock broke away from a huge boulder. "The Gates" in height 131, 5 meters often completely shrouded in mist. Locals believe that after going through them, you can really go to heaven.
8. Through the Pampas. Argentina: 40Trassa Route number 40 (Ruta 40) crosses almost all of Argentina from north to south, and goes along the high Andean ranges. This is one of the longest roads in the world: 5000 kilometers - no joke! Especially if they go through several climatic zones. The landscape is constantly changing around forests, rocks, lakes, fields, meadows, deserts, almost uninhabited pampas, asphalt and gravel, dust and red sand, the sun and the wind knocks the legs ...
The park Los Glaciares National Park, made by the UNESCO World Heritage list, you can visit the Perito Moreno Glacier, where the focus is the third largest in the world fresh water reserve. Its area is comparable with the total area of Buenos Aires, and the glacier is constantly moving, changing location every day by an average of 2 meters. Admire it can be both with viewing platforms, and gone for a walk right over crushed ice accompanied by a climber.
9. Colorado Plateau. USA: Big krugAmerikansky Wild West - this is the territory west of the Rocky Mountains. When the pioneers have only begun to explore the Indian territory, they stumbled upon the unique natural attractions that have not been able to evaluate. Today, this area is called the "big circle».
The most convenient way to travel from Denver - first rise in the national park "Rocky Mountains", which originates the Colorado River, and follow on through to the Aspen Colorado Plateau. On the way to see the park is famous Arches and Monument Valley on the Navajo Indian territory. Near the town of Paige unmissable unobtrusive Antelope Canyon - on the sidelines will be a simple wooden shield with an appropriate inscription. Here it is worth to go for a walk on a boat on Lake Powell, the benefit can take a boat for rent. Just south of Page, begins the famous Grand Canyon. If you go along the southern part thereof, except the species of the canyon will catch the first Meso-preserved piece of Route 66 from Chicago to Los Angeles.
10. On the edge of the continent. Australia: Great Ocean dorogaVelikaya Ocean Road length 243 km runs along the Pacific coast of Australia. Practical value of the road has not - it was built with the returning soldiers of World War I as a monument to the victims of the battles. After opening in the 1932nd road it became the largest war memorials of the world, and thirty years later, it was recognized as one of the most beautiful on the planet. And not for nothing: the track goes almost to the coast, overlooking the vast expanse of water and the quiet secluded lagoon. Among the main attractions found in the way - the mysterious "Shipwreck Beach", which has broken 638 ships. And the "Twelve Apostles" - a group of free-standing in the ocean limestone cliffs up to 45 meters. In fact, the rocks are a total of eight, and until recently they were called not only as "Pig and piglets».
See also: 20 of the most stunningly beautiful bridges of the world