10 habits that got American, having lived in Russia

Everyone says that Russia is changing people, but how? This Joanna Stein wrote an American who has lived in Russia for some vremya.Sayt publishes a list of all that taught Russian Joanna.

1. Wear slippers Houses Russian whole culture slippers. Do all family members have their own slippers, which they change shoes, coming from the street. There's even a spare pair for guests. In America, I rarely wear shoes. Only the fall and winter, when it's dirty, then I walk around the house barefoot, or if the heat or in socks. Now, to return to the US, I can not imagine how I lived before without slippers.

2. Dance the US nochV all the clubs close at midnight, and you have to go home. In Russia, bars and clubs are open until six in the morning. My friends and I had fun all night and returned home around 7. Now I'm really miss such a rest.

3. Buy all over the world is ruled nalichnyeV US credit and credit cards only. In Russia, they rule the cash. Frankly, I do not even remember that once one of my friends in America, paying cash. In Russia it is more convenient, because not all cards are accepted. The only negative - also were given a salary in cash - it was very strange to twice a week to get a handful of money and even more strange - to haul it all back home in her purse.

4. Take cold dushKazhdoe summer in Russia for some time, disconnect the hot water for the prevention, although not in all areas. And if too lazy to heat water and run to the basin, then we have to take a cold shower. At first, it was awful, but even then I liked it! Now in America sometimes I wash cold in the heat. It helps freshen up, and say that it is very useful.

5. Do not sleep in this krovatiBolshinstvo apartments in Russia are rather small in size, so some pieces of furniture have many functions simultaneously. For example, a sofa bed. Most Russians sleep on the sofa which converts into a bed, and turn. There are couches, ottomans, and so on. D. But it is very rare to find a real bed. Personally, I slept on the sofa. Conveniently, but still I like the bed.

6. There MakdonaldseAmerikansky McDonald's - it's just a ton of fat and grease and oil! In Russia, McDonald's is markedly different taste. The food here is more flavorful, and not so heavy and greasy. Therefore, I often have a bite at McDonalds, and even started to love it. But on his arrival in America once again disappointed.

7. Drink chayChay all my adult life I have been associated with England. I had no idea that in Russia so fond of tea. Russian drink liters of it. At work, at home, in a cafe. And be sure to pechenyushkami or some dessert. In my work in Russia tea was something of a social event, and soon I found that was the tea - cup after cup. Now, in America, for me the best break - a cup of tea with a sweetly.

8. Wash your hands every time you come home, never washed his hands so often before coming to Russia. I think this is due to the fact that the city is so dirty that, back home, you feel a layer of dust on the hands. But now the first thing I'm going to the bathroom and try not to touch anything until I wash my hands. It is a good habit, in my opinion.

9. Do not show documents, ordering alkogolDumayu that is the dream of any teenager. Yes, when I ordered a drink at a club or restaurant, I was never asked to produce documents. In America - is a rarity. If left without documents, do not buy alcohol, even if you look at 30. Now, when I forget the certificate home sadly reminded of Russia.

10. There are no special caviar povodaU many people associated with Russian caviar is considered that it is eaten on holidays. It argued that the champagne (or vodka) with caviar - it's just the top of sophistication. But in fact, in Russia there can spawn at any time - often with pancakes or smeared it on bread and butter.

via ru-open.livejournal.com/68237.html

Tags

See also

New and interesting