1. Male fighting fish Betta splendens can not be held together - they immediately begin to fight, often with a fatal outcome. This line of conduct is used in Thailand, arranging fish fights like a rooster.
2. Fly Swatter - is not only a useful everyday items, but also a symbol of power in many countries of Africa, Asia and Oceania. For example, in Thailand, one of the crown jewels is a fly swatter, the handle is made of engraved ivory, and her hair - from the tail of the elephant-albino. Also, there is a fly swatter on the arms of the territory of American Samoa.
3. on the territory of Myanmar and Thailand Padaung tribe lives, has an ancient tradition of women extending their neck by a brass ring. The first ring fits over the girl to 5 years, then they are added during the whole life and can reach the total weight of 9 kg. There is a myth that the neck muscles atrophy in these women and the removal of the rings may cause choking. However, they are free to put on and take the ring. X-ray pictures of the show itself neck women did not change, and lowered the shoulder girdle.
4. Mass tourism in Thailand has arisen due to the Vietnam War, when the country began to play the role of logistics for American soldiers. It has the largest military bases, as well as destinations of US troops on leave.
5. The official name of the capital of Thailand Bangkok means "city of angels, the great city, the city - the eternal treasure, the impregnable city of God Indra, the grand capital of the world endowed with nine precious stones, happy city full of abundance grand Royal Palace reminiscent of the divine abode where reigns reincarnated god, a city given by Indra and built by Vishnukarnom. " The city's name entered in the Guinness Book of Records as the longest.
6. Despite regular wars with its neighbors, Thailand has never been conquered or colonized (the British from Malaysia and the French from Vietnam used the kingdom of Siam as a buffer zone) than the Thais very proud.
7. Chronology in Thailand is different from the world. The difference is 543 years old. E. At this point in Thailand in 2554 (interestingly, and whether to show the film in Thailand «2012»? :))
8. Siamese cats, which are now popular all over the world for the first time in Thailand were exported to Russia, as a gift to Nicholas II. And then, of Russia, they spread throughout the world.
9. One of the princesses of Thailand was the Russian woman Ekaterina Desnitskaya. In the early 20th century, the son of King Rama V was trained in Russia, where he met his future wife.
10. Thailand - the only country in the world, where the King, the patron of all religions, according to the Constitution must be a Buddhist
11. In Thailand, more than 32,700 Buddhist temples, where about 370,000 monks and novices. It is about 1 170 people monk.
12. Contrary to popular opinion among tourists, Thailand, outside the "tourist area" Pattaya or Phuket, the country is very strict family values and Buddhist religious morality.
13. His Majesty the King of Thailand - the only monarch in the world, who has American citizenship.
14. All the Buddha statues were rented from their manufacturers, because the image of the Buddha is too sacred to be bought or sold.
15. The world-famous energy drink «Red Bull», is based on the Thai beverage «Krating Daeng», popular with the fat-Tucker.
16. To hang from the Thai army is enough to become Kato (TPA * * CCE SUAL). At the same time, you can even "device" does not cut.
17. Indigenous Thais are tra CCE * * SUAL very rare. This is mainly Kuwait Kyrgyzstan Lao People and Cambodians or come from poor families taiskih (isolated cases). The last son of a family in 10 years begins to drink hormones, it starts to increase GRU * s, and changes occur in the body. At 18, he does change operation for a *. Due to the strong changes in the body, tra CCE * * SUAL live only thirty-five years.
18. At the current King of Thailand Bhumibol Adulyadej Rama IX 11 white elephants. Elephant in Thailand - a sacred animal, each of which has a pension of 15,000 baht and medical insurance.
19. Thai King is listed in the Guinness Book of Records the longest monarch in power.
20. The city of Pattaya is located Park Mini Siam. This is the third smallest town in the world and the first in Thailand, where you can admire the carefully made copies of the most famous in the world of architectural complexes of antiquity and modernity.