A simple way of applying magnetic particles to cells which do not die from

article entitled "A direct method of magnetic functionalization of living human cells" entered the prestigious press pack of the American Chemical Society (The American Chemical Society, ACS).

"The inclusion of the announcement of this article in press kits ACS - a very prestigious event, both for our staff and for the CFI as a whole. Items selected in the press pack, pass rigorous peer review, not only before but also after the publication, "- said a senior lecturer of the Department of Microbiology, Sc.D. Ravil Fakhrullin.

"A simple way of applying magnetic particles to human cells which do not die from. My part of the work took place in the culture laboratory of the Kazan University. This radically different approach in solving common problems. I covered the cells biocompatible magnetic nanoparticles and then grow them in the presence of the permanent magnets. They form ordered clusters of living cells, which grew directly in those places where the magnets were disposed, and continued to divide, despite the fact that they have been modified nanoparticles. I would like to further experiments have been used and benefited mankind "- says the first author of a student of the Faculty of Biology and Soil Kazan Federal University Maria Dzamukova.

"Previously published work, during which potentially toxic magnetic nanoparticles used for extracting cancer cells from a tumor, of course, in this case, cell viability was with them is not important. We tried to make live "magnetic" cells could, without removing from the body, anywhere "deliver". We hope that further by a magnetic field can be moved, for example, stem cells in those organs and tissues, where their presence is necessary. This method is very simple, takes 10-20 minutes and does not require costly processing of nanoparticles, "- Ravil adds Fakhrullin.

Source: www.gazeta.ru

Innovation Center "Skolkovo" social networks VKontakte, Twitter, facebook and Google +

Site Facility: www.sk.ru

via factroom.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting