1. In the medieval Czech locality to get the status of the city, I had to sit in judgment on their own, to have customs and a brewery.
2. The highest city in the world - La Rinconada in Peru - is located at an altitude of 5099 meters above sea level. It is home to 30,000 people, most of whom are engaged in gold mining. Many miners work for free for a month, and the last day they are allowed to take as much ore as they can carry on their shoulders. At the same time it is not clear whether the gold in the ore or not. La Rinconada, however, is not yet the highest permanent settlement in the world. There are two Indian villages, which are located at altitudes of 5170 and 5219 meters.
3. Australian town of Coober Pedy, which is one of the world's largest centers for production of opals, located in the desert and very hot areas. From 2000 most of the population lives in underground caves, which remain after the development of mines. They made full apartments, laid communication. In addition, the caves are located many of the city sites, including cemeteries and churches.
4. Some cities of Morocco known that since ancient times are the predominant color of buildings and homes, and even new buildings is traditionally painted in this color. For example, almost all the buildings of the third largest city of Marrakech - rusty red. A small town of Chefchaouen is especially popular tourists because all the houses completely or partially painted in blue.
5. In the preparation of association of the English colonies in the Commonwealth of Australia for a long time could not decide which city will be the capital. The biggest cities of Sydney and Melbourne laid claim to the title and did not want to give each other. It was therefore decided to build as the capital of a whole new city - Canberra - at a considerable distance from both Sydney and Melbourne.
6. The residents of the city of Torzhok in the Tver region properly called "Novotorov." A strange discrepancy between the name of the city and residents due to the fact that in ancient times the city is not just changed its name. At first he was just bidding, then it became the new bidding. And from that time the word "Novotorov" has not changed at the next change of the city name.
7. In Egypt, on the outskirts of Cairo is the English Channel quarter-Nasir, also known as the City of scavengers. Here live more than 40 000 Coptic Christians who collect garbage around Cairo with a view to its subsequent processing and disposal of passing this craft inherited. Copts have monopolized this activity, because Muslims consider it "unclean" as food waste going to feed pigs. In the quarter hovers steady unpleasant smell, but it contains a huge metropolis in relative purity.
8. How long does it take to get from Petting to Fucking? From the German town of Petting (Petting) Fucking in Austria (Fucking) can be reached by car in 40 minutes.
9. City of Budapest, is now the capital of Hungary, was formed in 1873 by merging the three cities under the name of Pest, Buda and Obuda, located on opposite banks of the Danube. Name united city got a simple merger of these names.
10. Ottawa is the capital of Canada. However, capital of the province of Ontario, where the Ottawa, is the city of Toronto. More interesting than the situation in Denmark, where the capital Copenhagen is located in the metropolitan area, the center of which is a small town of Hillerod.
The easiest way to visit your favorite cities in the world - to take advantage of the mobile ticket office Call Fly! This is where you can purchase the ticket and the most convenient way to pay his account with a mobile phone. One call - and professional cashier he will choose for you the best offer, taking into account discounts and promotions, recommend the easiest and cheapest route and give necessary advice. You can purchase tickets at any time and from anywhere: the office, cafes and even out of the car on the way, as for the use of our service do not need a computer, only a mobile phone! No fees Call Fly does not charge: only the cost of the ticket, which will be written off from the account of your mobile. It could not be easier!