The actor starred in shows like "The Truman Show", 12 years old

Life on kinolente

«Adolescence" - an innovative film about growing up, created by American director and screenwriter Richard Linklater. While in other films about growing main character at different ages play different actors in "Boyhood" artistic history of turning children into young adults, the main role is played by a boy.

Experimental film was shot for 12 years, with the lead actor Ellara Coltrane cast as Mason in 2002, when he was only seven years old. Since he joined the cast of the movie every summer to film a new stage in the life of Mason.

Director Linklater described the filming as a "life project", considering how long it took its creation. For professional actors who participated in the filming of this film was an act of faith, because they do not have a clue about what eventually happens.

Although two-thirds of the film is completely fictional, those who watched the film, said that the darkest aspects of the story is too realistic - it looks like a masterpiece of 1998, "The Truman Show" with Jim Carrey in the title role. According Ellara, his sadness and frustration in real life has always been associated with the emotions of his character in the film. In fact, he movingly confessed that it is through the relationship with his on-screen mother, he learned to love my real mother.

When Linklater noted Ellara, he told his family that the film will be shot for 12 years, and they agreed. Although he insisted that the story is fictional, grandmother Ellara soon realized that it takes the life story of her grandson. Fortunately, watching themselves on tape was a therapeutic effect for a boy.

«In the film some scenes with her stepfather in a dysfunctional family seem very familiar - he says. - I'm finally starting to get rid of it. I finally began childhood ».

blockquote> The premiere of the film took place in January this year, and many prominent critics consider it the best film of the decade.

via factroom.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting