She photographed homeless people for your project

Kim Diana (Diana Kim) grew up on the island of Maui, where her father worked as a photographer. When her parents divorced, Kim began to live with friends and relatives, and soon lost contact with his father. As an adult, Kim went to his father's footsteps and also took up photography. In 2003, she began a large-scale photo project for the homeless, and in 2012 she made a shocking discovery. Kim found his father among the homeless, which she photographed in Honolulu.

Diane Kim began its large-scale photographic project for the homeless in 2003.

She learned about the art of photography from his father, but lost contact with him when her parents razvelis

In 2012, Kim was shocked to find his father among the homeless of the Hawaiian city of Honolulu, where she had come to continue their fotoproekt.

"I was looking for his father for a few weeks and finally found him sitting behind a garbage can in the bushes in search of shade"

"He suffered from a severe form of schizophrenia and did not treat it, so do not always understand what was happening to him"

"There were many occasions when he seemed to be arguing with someone, but no one was there"

Only after his father Kim was admitted to hospital due to a heart attack, he turned for help over his mental sostoyaniya

"I gave my father an old camera in the hope that it will cause its former interest in photography. I want him to stay in this nice place, where he was helping "After a few months of treatment, he felt much better. "It felt good and I was glad to see him healthy again"

After a few months of treatment, he felt much better. "It felt good and I was glad to see him healthy again"

"My dad spends a lot of time with friends and actively seeking work," says devushka.

"I have learned to accept the personal and spiritual problems as an opportunity for growth"

"Life itself is a gift. I am so grateful that I can see my father alive and make his life better. I appreciate the fact that we have right here, right now "

Tags

See also

New and interesting