20 colorful photos of the coldest village on the planet. Br-r even look cool!

«If it had not been winter in towns and villages, never used, we did not know these cheerful days» i>, - my mother sang in the famous Uncle Fyodor us all from childhood cartoon. On the basis of this sentence, in the village of Oymyakon, apparently, one unbridled joy all year round, because it is - the coldest place on the planet, home to a permanent population. If you're used to complain about the bad weather and snow drifts when the thermometer barely crosses mark of 0 ° C, then imagine what accounts for the people, when the temperature elevation in January -50 ° C - a usual thing ... Once a New Zealand photographer Amos Chapple decided in their own skin to feel, how people live at the North Pole, so I went from Yakutsk at the same settlement, to make a series of photographs. And all this in an environment in which the camera is completely refuses to work! publish these photographs that you saw for myself what it means to reside in the permafrost ... Br-rr, even look cool!

The lowest temperature that has ever been recorded in this region -71, 2 ° C!

Who resides in the village of 500 people.

As the crops here simply do not grow, fish and meat - the staple food in Oymyakon.

«I was wearing thin pants, when I first went out in -47 ° C. I remember feeling as if cold physically grabbed me by the leg. Another surprise was the fact that sometimes my spittle froze, turning into a needle that pricked my lips » i>, - admitted in an interview with the photographer. B>

Ironically, the name of the village means "non-freezing water" (near the village is a hot spring). The inscription at the entrance to the village warns visitors that they have reached "cold pole». B>

quadrupeds lucky thick coat helps them to survive in such cold weather.

In 1920-30 years this place was home to reindeer herders.

By the way, in July - August the temperature here can reach the level of 30 ° C!

By the way, the school is closed only when the thermometer shows -52 ° C below the mark! Who's still whining about the terrible cold? B>

The village operates only one shop.

Leaving the car at night on the street, you can never in my life did not make more of it. Therefore, all of the machine is left in a heated garage. B>

And here the heat is produced for the residents of the village.

These pictures show us that the problems of our winter a la "I do not want to clear the snow in the yard" or "Mom again forced to wear the stupid hat" just the beginning. Some residents Oimyakon leave the car included a whole day because they are afraid it will never longer start! Be sure to show the vivid pictures of your friends - let them know how "easy" to live in one of the coldest places on Earth. It's like a virtual excursion into the realm of ice and frost.

www.amoschapplephoto.com/

Tags

See also

New and interesting