Rules of Life Benicio Del Toro

48 years, actor

I never really wanted to become a lawyer, but knew that someone would have to be yes.

You yourself would not determine your worth in fact. Well, you tell someone, "You're a good actor." And another: "Anywhere you are not fit." Come see what's what, who is right.

If you read the script, "usual suspects", you know Fred Fenster has been inserted into the film, only to perish. He did not say anything important, and did not affect the development of the plot. And so we decided to let him mumbles, so that not a word to understand. Screenwriter and director have the courage to leave the choice for me. While such things with idiotic characters - a double edged sword.

My favorite film among those in which I was doing? "The little man - a big shot." My first speaking role. And even barking.

I do not consider myself an actor in the style of Latin, though I'm Latino by name, and blood to the bone. School me if at all it is possible to speak about national traditions, American. Perhaps Russian too: Stella Adler, plus Stanislavsky.

With the others, I do not compete. I compete with myself.

I heard from some writers without a cigarette can not write a single line, I can not even imagine how would work without a smoke. Smoking is stupid. Play smoking does not help. But the work of the actor is very nervous. I heard that baseball players sometimes secretly washed into dag out to smoke a cigarette. Shooting in this sense similar to baseball. That's why I like something to hold in your hand, you know? Cigarette need to take your hands to keep the shutter speed. So the effect of nicotine - it relaxes.

My mother died when I was nine. It just so happens my life.

If you, a representative of a national minority, come to this country, it is stuck in the neutral zone - nor there Nor There. You're not your there, where they came from, but has not yet become her where you are. You can be very lonely. But at the same time in a new place, you can re-invent itself.

In boarding school in Pennsylvania, where I studied, I was quite strict rules. There are people who fit boarding education. For example, I came.

What I learned in my life about women? Come in, brother ... It's like an intricate map ... I think we all scratching their heads over this card.

I would like to be monogamous. True. If so you have someone relationship, so if you please, old goat ... you know. Probably, there is no general recipe.

I never really wanted to become a lawyer, but knew that someone would have to be yes.

One day my brother said, "Benny, you should have to go to the actors." I was stunned. "What?" - I say. Perhaps he saw in me something that I did not notice.

In my first year in college, I enrolled in a course of acting - just to get the necessary number of hours and not overworked.

The cast really attracted me energy. For me it was natural to take the game on stage as a sport - an athlete, too, is doing its job in the eyes of the audience. Jim-jams, the need to gather strength and to act - everything seems.

How Stella Adler once said, NAR * Oman - a man who turns his body in a letter to society. It informs that in a society there is something wrong.

A good script is only good raw materials. You take it and begin to work with him, it makes him something. It's like to take a piece of good skin: it is cut, raspyalivaesh or whatever to do it - and eventually get a good pair of shoes. A good chunk of pizza can be no worse than the 200-dollar dinner at the restaurant.

Robert Rodriguez prepares zashibennaya pizza. You can not imagine how it is good pizza. Eh! He is preparing a pizza like ... What? What's his secret? Damn, it does not matter to me. Ask him yourself, huh? I do not know whether he will like, if I blabbed.

America loves Puerto Ricans. We are fighting for it in all the wars which it leads.

The world will always be with the United States in just such strange relationship: love her and hate at the same time.

In the past they may have been wars fought for a just cause, the war in which the cost involved. But now everything is different. The war has become a dirty game.

I once lived in a shitty 300-dollar apartment in Los Angeles. I said to myself: "Benny worse is simply can not be».

Confidence - it is sometimes very stupid. Only fools do not doubt.

I buy books, but I read slowly. Nakuplyu books, and they are my stacks.

I always ask about my hair. I did nothing about it so often think, honestly.

If you're a movie star in America, we have to be a television star. We have to flash in a drawer. Selling on TV what you're doing. Speaking on TV with people.

I do not run to the TV to see something concrete. Is that sometimes when I'm at home, I can sit down and watch «CSI: crime scene," or there is "Friends».

It is better to show something than to tell in words. It involves spectators in what is happening.

Held - it means to get paid for something that you know how to do well.

Marlon Brando of shocked. It changed everything. He came out of nowhere. He - strap. Like Picasso, Miles Davis. As "The Beatles" or "Stones».

It's nice when your work gives people joy. It makes you a little treat seriously to what you're doing. Like in your activities, it makes sense.

Yes, NAR * Otik very dangerous. In my eyes so much talent Storchai. I ... uh-uh ... am pretty healthy lifestyle. Going crazy, but in its own way, differently.

Music - is yes. She let me go at will.

Cinema there are only a hundred years. Think about it, eh? Very young.

I'm a little bit about something I know.

Collection of material, getting used to the way - this is not the Stanislavsky system, and common sense.

I like Jack Nicholson in "Easy Rider" drinking whiskey, and then, remember, publishes such a sound, "Q-Type, D-Type, D-Type." Or Belmondo in "Breathless." Whenever he sees a photo of Bogart, he touches his lips. Or Brando in "The Godfather" - the thing with Rose. Another thing I can think of other people, not actors. That Roberto Clemente - you know, a baseball player? Every time he hit the ball, he somehow made his neck ... or Jeff Hornasek, basketball player, you know? Every time he made a free throw, he touched his cheekbones. Gestures - it's cool. They are noticeable. They stick in the memory.

Sometimes the actors are trying too. We must beware not to overplay. Internal editor need to cultivate a lifetime, no less. But this is the key to everything. Save gestures. Learn how not to do too much. I remember Christopher Walken told me: "I do not know what to do in the episode - do nothing».

My "glorified sideways glance," you say? Yes, I constantly rehearsing.

I think everyone is so afraid, when fear that your latest project will really last. It depends on the degree of your pofigizma. Outstanding two free months, and you're vopish: "Everything! I never did not offer! »

Interview - it's hard. We have long compel only about themselves. Just a shame takes.

Engaged I se * catfish with Scarlett Johansson in the elevator after the Oscar ceremony? Well, actually, I ... you know ... uh-uh ... well ... I do not know. We will not hold excess noise around it. I think this could be. And perhaps even repeated in the future.

Tags

See also

New and interesting