"Warriors of virtuality" - a book about the possible future

Since today the weekend, I decided to try to place here the first chapter of the book that we write with your friends. Just for fun, no sales is not planned, but if you get a big book, we will be happy if a lot of people read it.

In the book, we are trying to explore how advances in technology may affect consciousness, personality and lifestyle. And of course can not escape from the war against the system, love inventing new gadgets and other attributes of cyberpunk.

The spirit of the warrior in the era of globalization, the AI ​​and the Internet of Things is dedicated.

Alex preparing for this moment for three years, and now it has arrived. Shop-known brand, the choice of shirt you need to allocate exactly 10 minutes to buy a red shirt. Reaction systems followed four minutes to display the coordinator and ask why he bought a red shirt.
Inside, everything was frozen as before jumping on a snowboard ski. Familiar feeling, but instead of an hour he had been preparing for this moment for three years.

Smiling nice girl in the hall and swarming shirts. Ten minutes passed, take the red, voice confirm the selection and exit. Near the cafe "Munbaks" should appear Agent Smith as ironically named coordinator Alex, citing favorite retro movie "The Matrix".
And here he is, a sleek boy. In contrast to agent Smith from the movie looks just like the girl in the hands - the tablet-based questionnaire, but rather to give the status as infa displayed on the virtual interface of the retina and it is automatically written. "Excuse me, can I ask you to answer a few questions to improve the mall?».
Alex shivered, risen from the subcostal space, there was a desire to respond statistically correct nonsense about the fact that he has depression and tired of mediocrity, this would explain the fact of shopping at the mall and unconventional choice, but by repeating the mantra "Warrior's already dead, and he has nothing to lose "stiffly and smiled, said," Sure! "and swung consultant forehead in the face.

Three years before the events described, Department of Applied Mathematics, Northwestern agglomerate.

Do you have any thoughts !? - Alex yelled in his face n * yany Uri. - You can not know that. What we think - the product of outside influence, and "their" can be considered only thoughts that have no man-made causes, and such we have not born. Even if they do occur, we deafen them - run to work, relax or drink. Because such thoughts uncomfortable, they do not belong to the costume ".
"Suit" Uri called himself and everyone around, implying that the person - like rags, worn on us against the will (Mathematics hate costumes as well as financiers dirty jeans mathematicians).
- This era ate personality and made us! - He continued. - Look at me, my desires and reactions. There is no one, but two programs!

P * Yankees with Uriem were purely male, as girls and Uri with each other is not superimposed, but hysterical search for freedom attracted Alex.

- Well, - said Alex. - Come once we design. We mathematics, and if it becomes a virtual Che Guevara of the 21st century, we must first work out the concept and methods of dealing with the System.

Uri suddenly calmed down.

- Ok, pour me some more of this stuff, and proceed.
They drank cheap chacha of Sochi agglomerates which there is traditionally driven by local residents. Nothing natural in Chach was not, however each Shura regularly supplied it with a variety of pickles. Shura himself in n * yankah was rare, as he was quite wealthy parents, and he loved to talk with girls. So he preferred to get drunk in female company - in cafes or directly at the girls.

- Let's start with a clear, even you, - said Uri after another dose of Chachi. He was entitled to such remarks because IQ Uriah was 152, and 124. Alex - Once again, for the "gifted". Do you think you want to drink this and chacha because he chose to drink and want to, or because the system is so decided?

"Here it is, the old paranoia" - Alex thought. The system is called Uriah the invisible government of the world highest artificial intelligence. Development and other vector x * fellow. All this for a long time has got Alex, but at the same time attracted - like an old cupboard in which a hundred times rummaging, but each time hoping to dig up some grandma's secret.

- Of course, I want it, not the system, - said Alex. - I can not even imagine such a supposedly systems that control everything, crucial for me at this level. I feel the urge to drink Chachi, and then drink. This is absurd.

- Yup! - Cried the excited Uriah. - And here and there. Imagine the possibilities of the system with respect to you. She knows about your every move. Incoming and outgoing electronically stored information. It has information about what the weather around you, the environment, the people. Know about your interests. It records the sounds, colors, aura and history of each object in your environment every moment of existence, captures data of your body - heart rate, temperature, brain activity.
Like you, 11 billion. The data is saved thanks to IT (in 2038 all the inhabitants of the earth began to implant the chip information terminal with a camera, gps, telemetry, etc. for better care for the health and the fight against global terrorism).
Imagine this universe of infinite data processing for which the unity government is constantly building new modules in Antarctica City and Moon City. Antarctica has become a large data center, and Luna City - its backup system.
You're nothing more than a bit of data in a large program, which imagines what might drink chacha on their own.

For reduced alcohol reason it sounded reasonable, but Alex said:

- This is a common word. Explain specifically how to do it so I would not drink chacha with you, instead of having to go light with the girls?
Yes stupid and easily! - Hot Uri. - Your thoughts flow is linear and depends on many factors.
You're a complete moron! - Suddenly he shouted.
Chtoo? - Alex offended. - It's too much, you go crazy!
Offended? - Neigh Uri. - You see a causal relationship? And if this relationship for 1000 steps, such relationships more than a million, and they depend on other "suits" in the system? Keep track of?

Alex said nothing.

Come this way. First, see what parameters control system officially - said Uri. We know them, but I still look.

Alex voice activated holographic interface "system active", built in the retina of the eye, "Show my monitor settings".
There was the usual window, decorated in silver and black colors - these two colors Alex liked the most, and he always customize the interface in this scheme.
The list was divided into groups:
  • physical parameters,
  • brain activity,
  • monitoring in space,
  • monitoring of the environment,
  • monitoring sound Communications,
  • monitoring computer communications,
  • monitoring of visual communications.
    Hmm, I guess. this is not possible, - said Alex - but this speculative conclusion unsubstantiated. I propose to go to practice.

Come on, - said Uri said. - I've been thinking on this topic. This theory can not be verified by tracing the causes, because the human mind is able to process a lot less information than intelligence systems, and we have no power at its disposal. System compared to us - is like God with a capital letter. In addition, the control process is likely to self-regulating. That is not completely controlled and statistically sent.
    Imagine that we study the behavior of ants in an anthill. They act strictly within certain rules. Anthill - this is the same system. And if the ant does something not on the program, it will be immediately noticed and cause a reaction system.
    So we find out whether we control the system. It is necessary to make several actions that go beyond the usual, and watch what happens in our lives. System show itself! If this happens, it means that we are governed. If not, you can continue to drink chacha and savor the meaninglessness of existence. No fight - no fun!

Ok, - said Alex. - Offered to record findings, lest we forget. I have to go to sleep. Tomorrow sober start.

Familiar gray morning variety of individuals dry mouth with the taste of Chachi. Alex splashed in the shower until the water off. "Well," - he thought - "again because of a hangover selected half of the daily value, and all this stupid fear neyrokorretorov. It would be possible to remove the hangover mental effort. " But there he was in full agreement with Uriem: you get used to this, long become automatic appendage to the surrounding Tehnomir. So while Alex did not put these implants. Fortunately, while they sewed on request - in contrast to IT, which necessarily implanted in childhood.

Going down to the cafe through golointerfeys Alex ordered for breakfast personal set number three. He liked coffee with cardamom and cinnamon and a little overdone eggs. In edalni long been prepared automatically, and you can come up with their own set, which immediately cooked from base ingredients. Food carried the drones. Built-chip IT receives the request, gave the location, and the drone picked up the order to the place where he was a client. Payment is automatically deducted from a single account.

Only in the most expensive restaurants, where Alex was never continued to prepare manually, and the dishes served are living people.

Across the room sat Uriah, as usual, to learn something in virtuality. It was immediately obvious when a person uses a built-in virtual interface: slightly changed posture, gestures and motor skills. A man whose interface was activated at 100%, stood out even more. Small information window in most people "hanging" constantly. Reminders, motivators, assistants movements of ordering food and things, monitors activity ... A small window with widgets constantly dangled from the right side.
    Alex thought that if I did not ban the delivery of food in the community, Uriah did not get down to the bed. Perhaps this was the main reason for the ban - to make people a little space to move and communicate.

Alex sat down Uriah and activated chat. Wrote: "Uri, wake up, raccoon come!". Uri otkonnektilsya and absently looked at Alex.
    And ... zinger - he croaked. - Poor intellectuals suffer, and you all hihanki.
    Such is the fate of intellectuals - Alex smiled, - known since antiquity. Many knowledge - many sorrows, so Carry your cross, Starch!

Uri grimaced, took a sip of coffee and said:

Until someone dryh, I came up with. Since the data we do not have, you just need to start acting.

Later in the book:
    Martial friends decided that they will not behave as standard, and keep track of what is happening around them.
    After several experiments Uri admitted to the hospital for crazy correction.
    Friends decide that the evidence obtained. The next step - to break the system.
    First you need to reprogram the built-in sensors to be able to manage the outgoing information. However, the equipment is only in the center of the correction.
    Develop a plan.
    And Alex at the store. I>

Catechism Virtual

Katehis Virtual appeared in the era of the formation. This Code of fighters with the System. Initially, he freely distributed and supplemented sockpuppets Wikipedia. However, after reckoning philosophy Virtuals terrorism catechism was banned, and it is stored in encrypted form in a distributed network.

1. Virtual - a virtual space warrior challenge the system for the liberation of all beings caught in her
    2. Virtual always aware that he is - just a signal, and that everything around it too simply signals, and therefore he would not cling and operates at maximum efficiency.
    3. The effectiveness is not the goal, it is a consequence of non-attachment to his own image and external manifestations of the environment.
    4. Virtual constantly reminds himself that all his thoughts, state, all he sees or feels like a dream. This is the foundation of practice detachment.

Also created
    1. Poetry virtuals.
    2. Methods of self virtuals.

If you have read this site and you are interested in a sequel, you can let them know in the comments or plus sign.
    Also interested in any ideas!

Source: geektimes.ru/post/247226/

Tags

See also

New and interesting