Whether my eyes

When six months ago, I met a very good blind man I once had the idea to write an application for a smartphone, which, if necessary, could help him to orientation in space - he calls me, sends a phone with a camera in the right direction, and I, in turn, tell what I see and I tell him where to go. The idea remained idea, but, as usual, good ideas do not come over to only one head, and once in a few, so to speak, for reliability ...

Today saw the project bemyeyes.org . That's what they write about themselves -

Be My Eyes makes life a blind man, tying him with sighted assistant using mobile applications. On the one hand, it allows the blind to cope with large and small puzzles, and on the other hand brings joy seeing, to help others, so simple and natural way.

Take the necessary jar off the shelf, check the expiration date on the milk or find something to eat in the fridge - everything is a matter of minutes, when you have a vision. When you do not, then even small chores can turn into a big problem. We at Be My Eyes hope to change that!

With the help of video calls via our app blind people are able to ask for help sighted volunteers. Blind person "rents" a helper with the eyes of his or her smartphone. Assistant is able to see and describe to a blind that he saw. Thus, they both solve problems facing the blind man problem. Blockquote> Project strictly non-profit and they need help, as technicians and volunteers FAQ < / a>.

// player.vimeo.com/video/113872517 video>

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting