How to revive the bent vinyl record?

Background h4>

Consider yourself warned: insidious cats - and at the same time creating a surprisingly cute. They especially do not even angry - and there's nothing you can do about it. Recently, when he got home, I found my cat on the couch. He yawned and went - and then I saw that he was lying on the couch is not just, and on my vinyl record. And not to some, but on the album Rumors group Fleetwood Mac . I heard this album to the holes when I was a teenager - he was able to brighten up my life, and while I did endless homework on physics, and when I was suffering from unrequited teenage love.

As it turned out, my cat produces as much heat as the forges of Mount Doom [to that in Mordor - approx. pens.] - when I picked up the cat from the plate, it was found that the outline of his body imprinted on it. The plate was bent.

I will not lie - I was terribly upset. Of course, I am guilty that left her lying on the couch after surging to me in the night attack of nostalgia. And of course, my cat had no idea what the vinyl, and did not realize the importance of the classic rock 'n' roll. But this album was a part of my youth - my thirteen year old teenage soul.

My furry shredder childhood memories i>

But after all it was not too bad, right? I put the record on the turntable. Nicks and Buckingham voice [Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham - vocalist] distorted due to the fact that the track record has been damaged. It definitely was the day the music died.

When later I regained composure, I decided that nothing irreparable in no problem. I had to fix it - I just had to figure out how. So I called my friend (the owner of a stunning collection of records), who told me what to do. So I grabbed a plate and set to work. In the process I managed to take some photos, so what happened a short guide.

What to do if your vinyl record was bent: h4> You will need two pieces of glass is bigger than the plate, but less than your oven. It is better to use heavy and thick glass.

Step 1 h5>
Remove the entry from the packaging and make sure that there is no dust or dirt. If the plate is dirty, clean it. Put the plate in the center of a piece of glass.
Step 2 h5>
Carefully cover with another piece of glass plate

Step 3 h5>
Preheat oven to 80 degrees.

Step 4 h5>
The glass may crack from the extreme temperatures. Make sure the glass before stored at room temperature or place it in a fairly warm place to avoid "thermal shock». Place your plate sandwiched between pieces of glass in the oven. Always go near the oven. If you feel bad smells or strange noises, immediately remove the entry from the oven. Warm up "sandwich" of the plate, and pieces of glass in the oven for 2-3 minutes. If you leave plate in the oven for a longer period, it may melt.

Step 5 h5>
Using pot holders, remove the glass plate from the oven. Again, do not forget about the possibility of "thermal shock". Do not put the glass on cold surfaces. Put the glass on the surface at room temperature. To protect the surface, it is best to cover it with a towel or special towel "on a hot».

Step 6 h5>
Press down the glass stack of books or other heavy, flat objects. Leave the design to cool down the glass. When the glass is full cool down, you can get a plate.

Step 7 h5>
If you're still playing Distorted sound, you may want to repeat the operation: to hold the plate in the oven a little longer and in the process of cooling flatten it a little heavier objects. In the future, keep the vinyl vertically and in a fairly cool place to prevent it being bent. Note. pens.: if your record was in such poor condition that it can not revive, remember this and many other recordings on vinyl can be found in the store Audiomanii. i>

Source: geektimes.ru/company/audiomania/blog/243393/

Tags

See also

New and interesting