Green comes from the Nile

According to statistics, Nile crocodiles live up to 80 years. This means that the next '73 Gene may have to find pleasure in the Belarusian river fish, a temperate climate and a heated cage. The owner of a crocodile, a 30-year-old Ming entrepreneur Denis Pleshak, Onliner.by told about how his house came as a rare pet, how to build a business in today's realities and why to live comfortably in Minsk need $ 4 thousand. Per month.

Denis Pleshak not one of those who live for show and trying to earn the approval of others mock entertainment. Nile crocodile in his life - it's not a fad or whim of a wealthy man, but simply a matter of chance.
"Seven years ago, when I started a business selling computer hardware, someone from my store employees came across an ad:" I am a crocodile on a laptop. " Laptops have had a lot of time, so we thought: why not? So it was that we Gena exchanged for Asus 15-inch screen for $ 600. His master was holding a rare animal in the apartment, but the family had a child, and his wife put a condition: either a son or a crocodile. So Gene was given to us for a laptop. Crocodile we decided to make the office an animal - terrarium set right at the entrance. But most visitors at first thought that Gene is not real. It is only then we will know in Minsk as the only computer store with a crocodile "- Denis smiles.

Become a breeder Nile crocodile was not so easy. Initially, Dennis and his company did not know how to properly feed. Not only is the baby Gene (when he was only 70 centimeters in length) could not chew whole fish, so once he even escaped from the cage and hid in batteries for plasterboard. I had to drill holes in the wall to return the fugitive.
"In fact, all loved him very carefully to be treated, - says the businessman. - After the incident understood: it is necessary he studied literature. Climbed wool reference books and encyclopedias on reptiles ... I have a great affection Gene: after all, seven years together. I told him and cage cleaning, and a special lamp brought from Lithuania, and pumps me, and becomes hot stones bought. Once Gene stuffed suckers and ill. I took it home, drove to the vet did an x-ray. However, at a reception at the veterinary clinic, he scratched tooth doctor, but to bite the person - this has never happened. The main thing - to be able to properly handle them competently bandage to fall during transportation ... I even tried to use the image of the crocodile logo for his company, but nothing intelligent failed. Each time by repeating Lacoste ».

About six months ago, Denis began complexity in business. I had to close up shop and go to Internet commerce. The question arose: how to be a crocodile? Genes terrarium of this size, that just does not fit into any standard door of the apartment. Minsker was forced to seek help from parents. So it was that in May predator settled on the spacious cottage in Pleshakov Bezodnitse. Father Denis Mikhail quite unexpectedly took the crocodile and attached to him. Feeds the river fish twice a week, shows the local kids, entertains Gena illumination. Even refused to give long-tailed to the zoo or put up for sale: native zhivotinushka yet.
"Gene, Gene, look, the guests arrived! And what I'll treat you right now! "- Pleshak Sr. reveals wrapped blankets terrarium and carefully pulls thawed Karasik. Gene alive and climbs on top of the shelf, eagerly pulls mouth. He knows that with the dark silhouette of a high occurrence of food is inextricably linked to his universe.

"Gene knows me and my wife - who feeds him. Initially, the appearance of a predator in the country was a temporary option until the son does not find it a more suitable place. But now I am opposed to its sale. Here in the summer, for example, in the terrarium lighting is switched on the bench sit and watch a crocodile. Very interesting! And the neighbors come to see. I can assure you that no one in the country Belarus does not live crocodile - laughing Mikhail. - Feed him fish, chicken. Sometimes a piece of beef fall to the Director. Autumn mouse gone - so we told him one of the mousetrap given ... Do not worry, he does not have freezing. In the terrarium is worth a special filter and heater, the water temperature is always kept at 27 degrees plus. I also wrap up the glass for safety. Most of the time Genes review closed, but sometimes I leave him a special little window so he could look at the garland on the tree. He probably sees prey in flashing lights. Maybe several hours watching intently on the Christmas tree ».

Mikhail refers to life sincerely, with soul. Over terrarium Nile predator he hung a toy in the form of an African native - maybe Gene is fun. And in the summer ran into the water to a crocodile living fishes caught on bait. All in order to allow the animal to display their natural hunting instincts.

From talking about the crocodile pass to things more urgent. Dennis admits that doing business in the Belarusian reality resembles life on a volcano. On the other hand, a man convinced that hard work everywhere. He does not idealize the market in Belarus, but also abroad does not tend to move:
"I married early, at the age of 18. And I had to support his family. Therefore, in 20 I did the first attempts to start their own business. By 2004, I had a shop, but in 2008 the crisis broke out. You had time to change direction, but I was stubborn and did not want to listen to anyone, so the business goes to minus. Then I worked from nine in the morning until eleven at night seven days a week. It is now I have the opportunity to make your own schedule and devote myself free hours. Now we are expanding: the shop, specializing exclusively in computer technology, becomes the point of sale of household appliances. However, so far only on the Internet.

You ask about what a comfortable life for the entrepreneur. Me enough to live on $ 4 thousand. To anything does not deny. If budgets squeezed, the minimum required in Minsk - is $ 1, 5 thousand.
The state I have left a great insult. When things are going well at the store, and we paid $ 20 thousand. Taxes, generate revenues to the treasury, we are denied a license for the retail trade because of some petty quibbles. The new store in the world had not yet open, and the tax has already found violations. It was a step. When the license was taken away, I have lost not only customers, but also due to the creditor banks. But somehow got out. And have to constantly work: that the light wave will cover, then dark. Because of this, I do not have a sense of stability. Now all is well, I work, do not lose heart. But what happens next? Will provide a decent life for future children? All the time I have to live with these issues ».

Tags

See also

New and interesting